American gods

Sleep off ugly

Searched for a thread about this show, nothing showed up. First season had mystery, action, solid writing and Swearegen from deadwood. If you haven’t seen it ( probably  cause it’s on starz ) download it and check it out. Second season, which looks badass, starts Sunday the 10th.

I watched the first season. It's confusing unless you know the source material. I didn't.  Premise is a war between the old gods - God, Fertillity Goddess, Leprechaun, yes, a fucking Leprechaun, etc, vs the new gods - Television, Technology, etc.  The main character is a go between involved in this war but I couldn't figure out what the hell his purpose was, other than being beaten or beating the shit out of others.   It's bizarre and well done and confusing but I'm all in for Season 2.  If nothing else for Swearengen as God.

Don't have Starz anymore(for the last 4 or 5 years), so will wait and download it when they finish it up and binge watch. I don't see how it could go more then 2 seasons, seems like they would have to stretch it out for even one season. It is not a very big book. 

• 1 month later...

Just rewatched all of S1, on ep 3 of s2. This show has to have the award for best and worst casting in a single show. Crispin glover is a great villain. 

Also new media is such a huge downgrade from Gillian Anderson. Apparently she walked when one of the showrunners did. 

Really entertaining show though, I wish hbo would have picked it up and given it a budget increase. 

• 2 years later...
On 3/11/2019 at 4:58 PM, drewcifer said:

S1 covers more like the first 1/3. It doesn't fully follow the book, but the S2 premiere basically takes place in Chapter 6 of 20 chapters.

I just hope they at least get to the Lakeside storyline, as it was my favorite part of the book.

I enjoyed the lakeside storyline the best too.  My interest was also peaked anytime a meal was described.