Denver "legalizes" magic mushrooms

Beau Vine

7 hours ago, NBMisha said:

I'm all for baby steps, too.  I will say, I took shrooms, mescaline, and LSD in college, and again a few years after.  Absolutely messed me up each time.  Non functional.  I suppose the regular public intoxication laws would be suitable for controlling public behavior.  Lord help everyone if someone is tripping behind the wheel.  

Some people shouldn't drink.

Some people shouldn't smoke weed.

Some people shouldn't take psychedelics.

I am NOT one of those people....... 

Other than the length of the ride, I always had a great time on Acid, and shrooms were a complete blast.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

It's not really a recreational type of substance though as it's not particularly enjoyable and it can last a long time if you over dose.

Know how I can tell you've never done shrooms?

And no, it's not an overdose that makes it last a long time. It's the rate of metabolization. Eat a half gram and it will last for hours. That's kind of the point. They don't call it "tripping" for nothing. 

Why do you think the Grateful Dead played songs that could stretch to 20-30 minutes?

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

And no, it's not an overdose that makes it last a long time. It's the rate of metabolization. Eat a half gram and it will last for hours. That's kind of the point. They don't call it "tripping" for nothing. 

Why do you think the Grateful Dead played songs that could stretch to 20-30 minutes?

You didn't understand. I said it's not particularly enjoyable and can last a long time if you overdose. Said another way is if you overdose it won't be particularly enjoyable and can last for hours. If someone hands you a bag with some cubensis, for example, it's difficult to know the right dosage because every person is different. If it's all of a sudden made legal a ton of people who have never done it will undoubtedly take more than they should and will increase their chances of a bad experience. 

I've done cubensis twice and the first time took way too much. Not a fun experience. Also, both times found the high way more stressful in the moment and in the end more of an enlightened experience than a relaxing or giddy one like weed. Every person reacts differently though but I have to think less people would enjoy this type of high than weed if it was opened up for the masses to try. 

That said, administered carefully under a trained physician's watch it can be extremely beneficial. To get to that we need to take it off federal schedule 1 list and let people research the shit out of it then train physicians in it's proper usage. 

Edited by Junior Miller

Half a gram last for hours? Can I get some of that shit? Half a gram I could barely feel. I always heard the rule of thumb was 1 gram per 100 lbs of body weight.

5 hours ago, Ten Bears said:
On May 10, 2019 at 9:07 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

Half a gram last for hours? Can I get some of that shit? Half a gram I could barely feel. I always heard the rule of thumb was 1 gram per 100 lbs of body weight.

It's not like alcohol. It's psychotropic. Body weight isn't a factor. It's not like overweight people need to smoke more pot in order to get high. I've gotten through a whole Dead show on about a half gram cap with buzz to spare. It's not an intense trip but it served its purpose. Got me to that enhanced state with some euphoria and light visuals.

The most I ever took was 3.5 grams. My best friend from high school and I used to get together 2-3 times a year to trip and listen to music. We'd each make a mix tape, later discs, and then choose different albums to listen to. This one time back in late '88 or early '89 we split a quarter ounce of some really good shit. Best trip I ever had on shrooms. I don't recall how long it lasted.

At one point we were listening to The Beatles Past Masters Vol. II. I had my eyes closed and during Let it Be I was just overwhelmed by how beautiful it was. Suddenly I realized I was crying. The tears were pouring down. I thought, "Wow, how wild is this?" and turned to my buddy to show him what was happening. To my surprise, he had tears streaming down his face too. It was crazy.