Jump to content
Goo Punch

Prairie View A&M ve Texas- 7pm on LHN

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

How was Will Baker a 5 star? He looks abysmal in the limited minutes I've seen him in. 

Some people take time to develop. He has vision and can pass so don’t jump ship because he’s not blocking shots and throwing down dunks.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SDG said:

Some people take time to develop. He has vision and can pass so don’t jump ship because he’s not blocking shots and throwing down dunks.  

Nah, I'm not bailing on the kid, I'm just curious how he was a 5 star coming out of hs. He looks lost, tbh. Usually I think of a 5 star as someone who is well above most others on the court, but he hasn't shown any of that. I agree he probably does need time to develop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

How was Will Baker a 5 star? He looks abysmal in the limited minutes I've seen him in. 

he did a good job of setting his picks and rolling to the basket. He actually looked to the ball for a pass on his path to the basket like he was coached in high school. god forbid a perimeter player would pass  it into him on his way to the basket or he be allowed to setup on the low post and receive a pass. Sims doesn't even look for the ball anymore after setting a pick and rolling to the basket probably because he knows the ball is never coming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nolacycling said:

he did a good job of setting his picks and rolling to the basket. He actually looked to the ball for a pass on his path to the basket like he was coached in high school. god forbid a perimeter player would pass  it into him on his way to the basket or he be allowed to setup on the low post and receive a pass. Sims doesn't even look for the ball anymore after setting a pick and rolling to the basket probably because he knows the ball is never coming. 

One thing I've noticed with Sims, even though he's not a huge scorer is he's a decent rebounder, and honestly that's all I could ask for. Our guards are playing better this season, and AJ just picks up where he left off. So far, other than being confused by Baker, I'm fairly satisfied with the team. It's only 4 games, but we're doing what we need to do defensively. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

agroids were getting pounded also when I turned it off. Funny thing that one of the Gonzaga players was an ag transfer. Coaching shows when you go from c station to starting for Zags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

How was Will Baker a 5 star? He looks abysmal in the limited minutes I've seen him in. 

Well first off, I hate what recruiting rankings have become. Having 5 stars by your name used to mean you were a top 5 player nationally. Every year there were only a handful of 5 star guys, and their hit rate was very high. Now, guys like Baker who are clearly 4 year players and ranked 30th in the country are tabbed as 5* players.

That said, i have zero fucking clue as to why this guy was rated so highly in HS. I watched him play in person, and he was unassuming, unathletic, slow, and not all that impactful. Absolutely no clue why he was a 5 star. If he ever makes first team All Conference i'll be shocked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took family to game last night and while a good time was had by all, we all agreed the PA announcer wasn’t very good. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Well first off, I hate what recruiting rankings have become. Having 5 stars by your name used to mean you were a top 5 player nationally. Every year there were only a handful of 5 star guys, and their hit rate was very high. Now, guys like Baker who are clearly 4 year players and ranked 30th in the country are tabbed as 5* players.

That said, i have zero fucking clue as to why this guy was rated so highly in HS. I watched him play in person, and he was unassuming, unathletic, slow, and not all that impactful. Absolutely no clue why he was a 5 star. If he ever makes first team All Conference i'll be shocked.

Thank you! I've highlighted exactly what my brain was trying to say, and you did it for me. It's exactly what I was thinking regarding his ranking. And I agree, with everything that you said, although him making all-conference wouldn't shock me in year 4, but right now it looks like me out there, but far taller. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

I took family to game last night and while a good time was had by all, we all agreed the PA announcer wasn’t very good. 
 

Well, yeah. This is Texas. Evidently we strive for that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SDG said:

This is the NCAA version of preseason; thats m hope...
we are fast as f and play okay, getting better D, use that to you advantage. 

unfortunately this is who we are.  it isn't the preseason.  the guy has no idea what to do on offense.  we will get skullfucked in conf. when we don't out-athlete everyone.  we will win some because we will get hot from 3(50+%) once every 4 games and every once in a while the other team will be ice cold.

I really hope this is his last year.  he is so out of his depth in this conference and I'd like to see what CDC could do.  he doesn't seem to settle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...