Cosmos

SimonBolivar

Still a bit heavy-handed with the rhetoric in the opening few minutes, but I'll give NdT credit... He said what he was going to say, then moved past it into a fairly decent episode without belaboring things.

I also could've done without so many cartoon diaper-thongs, but hey... SCIENCE!

6 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Seasons 2 and 3? When you say season 2, do you mean the remake starring Neil DeGrasse Tyson from a few years back? I wouldn't call that a second season.

I didn't know there was a new Cosmos project. Is Seth McFarlane still producing it?

They bill the Sagan episodes as season 1 and these as 2 and 3, but yeah that's odd 40 years later. The whole series was delayed a year due to Neil DeGrasse Tyson's sexual assault claim and I feel like they did 0 advertising for this new season. Supposedly this season will be rereleased on Fox this summer. I thought episode1 was much better than I expected and I left episode 2 for sometime this week when the wife isn't blaring songs from The Voice on her phone 5 feet away from me.

One thing that did bother me was when be was talking about how peaceful hunter gatherers were only to mention that we forced Neanderthals to extinction (after we banged them) a few minutes later.

On 3/10/2020 at 7:05 AM, SimonBolivar said:

They bill the Sagan episodes as season 1 and these as 2 and 3, but yeah that's odd 40 years later. The whole series was delayed a year due to Neil DeGrasse Tyson's sexual assault claim and I feel like they did 0 advertising for this new season. Supposedly this season will be rereleased on Fox this summer. I thought episode1 was much better than I expected and I left episode 2 for sometime this week when the wife isn't blaring songs from The Voice on her phone 5 feet away from me.

One thing that did bother me was when be was talking about how peaceful hunter gatherers were only to mention that we forced Neanderthals to extinction (after we banged them) a few minutes later.

Nice!  I dug the remake (Season 2?  wtf?).  Will probably enjoy this one too.