Question for Patrick Swayze or other photogs - Austin dilapidated brick/overgrown building shoot locations

Nah, engagement photos, and the girl has a photographer she likes (and who probably has a pretty good idea of what good locations would be, but I'm trying to think on it as well).  Thinking just a bit, I do feel like there's not a lot of this in Austin, though there's bound to be a few locations I'm not thinking of, and there has to be some places in the surrounding areas.

15 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Or Lockhart, Bastrop, anywhere nearby.  Thinking of that old school in Smithville, would be nice if there was somewhere closer.

Also, that school has been renovated (I believe).  This is close to Smithville, not sure if it fits the bill.  And the second pic is of the place I am referring to in Houston.

20393642354_b427b00f45_b.jpg

21326700913_6def2c11dd_b.jpg

Southern Houston Suburbs

31492183664_288e9dd14b_b.jpg

San Antonio (several buildings, including chapel)

20750260096_056e3ce620_b.jpg

• Like 1

Off-topic slightly, but I wonder why Austin has no ruins while Houston is replete with them.  One theory is Austin's kind of hysterical attachment to historical preservation, while Houston is one of the ultimate cities of disposable neighborhoods and structures.

7 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Nah, engagement photos, and the girl has a photographer she likes (and who probably has a pretty good idea of what good locations would be, but I'm trying to think on it as well).  Thinking just a bit, I do feel like there's not a lot of this in Austin, though there's bound to be a few locations I'm not thinking of, and there has to be some places in the surrounding areas.

Ah ok...maybe some of my spots are a little too sinister for wedding shots haha. 

Austin:

8232634551_68a6729919_b.jpg

San Marcos:

8276035164_815ca2e078_b.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Off-topic slightly, but I wonder why Austin has no ruins while Houston is replete with them.  One theory is Austin's kind of hysterical attachment to historical preservation, while Houston is one of the ultimate cities of disposable neighborhoods and structures.

Perhaps, but I think it has to do with the size of the cities and also the type of industry and growth in the last century.