Firemans4Horn

Liverpool FC: 20 for 20-21

Anybody hear about Sepp Van der Berg? (sp?)  just seems like he's been ignored.  HAven't heard anything about him that I can recall.

19 minutes ago, pied said:

Anybody hear about Sepp Van der Berg? (sp?)  just seems like he's been ignored.  HAven't heard anything about him that I can recall.

He played in an FA Cup match and a few League Cup matches. Was pretty shaky, as I recall.

Getting depressed with our lack of transfer business and thought I'd ry to break it down a little.  Going with the premise that our starters are A/A+ adn we are sticking with a 4/3/3

Keeper - Alisson/Adiran - No business unless there is a free option for Adrian

CB - VVD/Gomez/Matip - we have several young guys.  We see somebody good, that's versatile, sure. Matip won't play a full 38 and the other guys will need a rest.  - Luxury signing at best.

FB - TAA/Robertson - Need a LB, but I'm not too arsed about it.  Williams/Hoever/Milner in a pinch.  Can move Joe out right(or left) and bring in Matip.  Still need a solid LB imo.  A cheaper up and comer is good.

MF - Fabinho/Henderson/Keita/Gini/Ox/Milner/Elliott - I just listed 7 guys for three spots,  so we're pretty good.  Question mark if Gini stays.  Put me in the camp to re-sign him opposed to starting anything new.  Only exception is Thiago, but give me Gini over him slightly for continuity.  - Need new blood, but we cvan't get Elliott who I'm really high on, so not sure where they would play.  - Thiago or young guy or bust for me.

F - Mo/Mane/Bobby are about as strong as you can get.  Minamino showed promise, but couldn't seal the deal.   Origi is an OK sub, but think I'd rather sell him, and let Takumi or Brewster get his minutes.  Would have loved Werner/Havertz maybe Sancho, but who are they getting the minutes they want and need from?  - I love the continuity, but we need to be in the market this year or next for a replacement.  We missed out on a few potentials, but still as strong as anyone in the world in the competitions we play in.  To me, the biggest question is if Brewster stays and can make his mark.  Go big or wait until next year.  

It's a little frustrating, but I can see the club's position at the moment. 

7 minutes ago, pied said:

Getting depressed with our lack of transfer business and thought I'd ry to break it down a little.

Looks like we might be putting a bid in for Sarr (Watford) 

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

So awkward. Klopp went to Adidas. A little odd that Nike didn't have his clothing tacked on. 

Messi confirmed

2 hours ago, maninblack said:

Scuttlebutt hitting twitter that Jamal Lewis may be a go at LB. 

Reddy's description "provide competition" to Robbo is a bit of a stretch, but I'd gladly take him.

Sarr, Jamal Lewis, and the Algerian CB (or Kabak) would be decent, if frugal, business.  

Edited by 406W30th

Depressed is a pretty strong word considering we just won the league, plus conquering Europe last year...Our team is loaded with world class talent in the prime of their careers and you're depressed we dont sign a few spares to sit on the bench?

There are literally 0 non-oligarch/state owned clubs with money to spend this summer. Some teams might have cash when a player is bought off them but that is about it. Complete buyers market with less than 10 clubs that can buy across Europe. 

Congrats to city and Chelsea for the once in a lifetime shopping spree with FFP blowing up simultaneously but the FSGout contingent online can get bent.