Aretha Franklin gravely ill?

sasquatch69

CNN reporting that Aretha *DID NOT HAVE A WILL* ! 

this is mind blowing, she didnt have a will or a trust, her lawyer claims he tried to get her to do one "for years" but she kept refusing.  Thats just fucking irresponsible, especially for an estate of her size.

and its not like this was a surprise ending,  she was 76, and she knew she obviously had cancer for at least the last 6 months.

I understand the denial of death, hell I probably do it myself, but i havent created a musical selection worth millions. And even I have a basic will on file.

Now, her estate has to go through probate, and its going to be taxed mightily.

When legendary singer Aretha Franklin died, she did not have a will or trust. Her four sons have filed a document listing themselves as interested parties, reports say.

Franklin died last week from advanced pancreatic cancer. She was 76.
In addition to her sons' filing, Franklin's niece has asked the court to appoint her as a personal representative of the estate, the Detroit Free Press reported. It said under Michigan law, if an unmarried person dies without a will, his or her assets are divided equally among any children.
Franklin's lawyer has represented her in entertainment matters for nearly three decades, and told the paper that [her lawyer] constantly asked her to do a trust, but she never got around to it.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/22/entertainment/aretha-franklin-will/index.html

Get a will folks, christ, even if its a hyper basic one, do it, your kids and heirs will already be hurting without you, and you add the pain of having to pay for a lawyer and go to court to break out your assets.