#13 VaTech @ Old Dominion

SimonBolivar

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

That game should have been over in the first half.  ODU didn't even get on VT's side of the field last year.  The biggest difference from that VT team last year was a much more experienced defense.  They lost 8 players from that squad.

13th ranked VT came in thinking it was a lock,  hadn't played in a week, going against an 0-3 CUSA team. Problem is nobody told ODU they couldn't win. ODU was the beneficiary of a couple catches that were just how the fuck did he throw than and how the fuck did he catch that ??!! plays late in the game.

It makes you wonder who would win out of Old Dominion & Florida State, at this point, I might go with ODU...

Just now, kopp0e said:

It makes you wonder who would win out of Old Dominion & Florida State, at this point, I might go with ODU...

ODU came into college football, and it was speed speed speed from the outset.  They started playing in the CAA so I got to see them a few times. They were always damnable fast, and exciting to watch.  They recruit a lot of 757 area code talent. And there's a lot of talent in that area code.  Same coach for 10 years, and they have some credibility in my opinion.  

That being said I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose to ECU this week. Big let down after the VT win, and they will come down to Earth a bit, only natural.  But yeah that day they'd have whipped FSU's ass.   

• Like 1

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

ODU came into college football, and it was speed speed speed from the outset.  They started playing in the CAA so I got to see them a few times. They were always damnable fast, and exciting to watch.  They recruit a lot of 757 area code talent. And there's a lot of talent in that area code.  Same coach for 10 years, and they have some credibility in my opinion.  

That being said I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose to ECU this week. Big let down after the VT win, and they will come down to Earth a bit, only natural.  But yeah that day they'd have whipped FSU's ass.   

If indeed ODU has a loss to ECU after the "program changing win", the ACC can't afford a loss for Clemson, strength of schedule will be hammered at that point...

9 hours ago, Homesickhorn said:

I had lunch with the commentator for that game yesterday at Maudie’s on South Lamar. He’s been one of my best friends since 4th grade. You can believe me, or not when I say this, but most of his commentary was due to a lost bet. If you’ve heard his other games, he sounds nothing like that. Listening to those highlights cracked me the fuck up.

Yeah, that was Carter Blackburn, right?

That didn't even sound like Carter Blackburn most of the time...He sounded like he was imitating Seinfeld for the big plays.

Edited by Beau Vine