AAF - Memphis Express vs Orlando Apollos (NFL Network)

MillerEP

1 minute ago, Richard Kimball said:

These games are fun. Play quality is not horrible, the announcers understand that the game is the show, and there aren't a bunch of game stoppages. 

I don't know if they don't call penalties as close or if holding is semi allowed or what, but I don't miss all the holding calls, false starts, and roughing BS nor do I miss the endless reviews

Edited by ButtFumble
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ButtFumble said:

I must be about a minute behind you I was still going "wheels up" when you posted that, but damn what a catch and throw

GG might get back in the NFL at this rate

I hope he does, it'll even the odds a bit for the rest of us. I'll make an effort to not post immediately.

• Haha 1

GG is so much more physically mature than when he was at Texas

he never got the mental support he needed after the MNC game fell apart for Texas at the end

he was a fucking freshman that had played about NONE all year and goes in against Alabama and then has shitty trick plays blow up on him and somehow Texas was still in the game to almost the end

but the guy was 18 or 19 years old and looked like he was 16 and was wafer thin and he was just tossed to the wolves the next year and it fucked him in the head

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

but the guy was 18 or 19 years old and looked like he was 16 and was wafer thin and he was just tossed to the wolves the next year and it fucked him in the head

Are we sure about that, or did he just suck in college?  He had a decent supporting cast that should have offset 5 INT against KS and throwing into triple coverage about a thousand times against BYU the following year to earn him the bench.

I agree he was thrown to the wolves against AL, but after that he was clearly "the guy" and had plenty of time to prepare for prime time.  You could be right and Mack may have fucked him up mentally, as he did the rest of the program, but who really knows.  I just saw a QB that made poor reads countless times, despite having limitless physical tools.

That said, I'm glad he's winning and hope he makes it back to the NFL.

Edited by Mach 1

8 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

Are we sure about that, or did he just suck?  He had a decent supporting cast that should have offset 5 INT against KS and throwing into triple coverage about a thousand times against BYU the following year to earn him the bench.

I agree he was thrown to the wolved against AL, but after that he was clearly "the guy" and had plenty of time to prepare for prime time.

well if you look around the NCAA how many guys come into the league and play for a team like Texas as a true sophomore and light shit up

everyone looks at 2010 as it should have been great because it was after 2009 and playing in the MNC, but really it was the start of shitty Mack Brown recruiting and shity defense really showing up

Colt played as a young player, but GG in no way ahape or form had the supporting cast on either side of the ball that Colt had nor did GG have the coaching and the coaching "give a shit" that Colt had

GG had coaches that thought they deserved a chance to coast a bit and maybe fuck around and tweak a little bit here and there and see how that worked out and maybe make a few more adjustments over the next few seasons while they relaxed in one of those Casitas and rested up from the past few years

the shittiness that was Texas hardly falls in the shoulders of GG and the fact that he could go to a place like SMU and play well and that he managed to get drafted and has hung around pro football this long shows he is well above average

he may not have been great at Texas, but nothing around him or coaching him was great at Texas when GG was the started for Texas

Edited by ButtFumble

On 2/25/2019 at 12:52 PM, Dr Fear said:

Head Ball Coach has a cruise......

http://footballscoop.com/news/steve-spurrier-hosting-cruise-summer/

This summer, the inaugural Steve Spurrier Cruise will embark across the high seas. Over four days and three nights in July, Spurrier and his Apollos coaching staff are inviting you — yes, YOU! — to sail with them on Royal Caribbean’s Mariner of the Seas, where you can play laser tag, hop on the sky pad, crack your way out of the escape room and listen to Spurrier and his staff talk ball.

The HSS Spurrier leaves July 12 out of Cape Canaveral, Fla., sails to the Bahamas and returns early on July 15.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Head Ball Coach has a cruise......

http://footballscoop.com/news/steve-spurrier-hosting-cruise-summer/

This summer, the inaugural Steve Spurrier Cruise will embark across the high seas. Over four days and three nights in July, Spurrier and his Apollos coaching staff are inviting you — yes, YOU! — to sail with them on Royal Caribbean’s Mariner of the Seas, where you can play laser tag, hop on the sky pad, crack your way out of the escape room and listen to Spurrier and his staff talk ball.

The HSS Spurrier leaves July 12 out of Cape Canaveral, Fla., sails to the Bahamas and returns early on July 15.

My wife just pointed out that that is the weekend of our wedding anniversary. That means she wants me to surprise her with the trip, right???????