2019 Women's College World Series

LTtxfan

3 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

On ESPN2, followed by Bama/OU later. 

😎Thx for reminder.... would have missed otherwise. Would have given yah a Rep, but used up my quota for today....

+1

Edited by LTtxfan

Just now, spystud13 said:

No real preference, just a decent game for something to watch later. 

Hard to choose for me.... Can they somehow both lose tonight??  😊

Okie Lite and gators Still tied 1-1... Bottom of the 5th

• Like 1

Thanks to @Js1 for this....

"Viewership continues to be record breaking for postseason collegiate softball as Alabama’s game three win over Texas last Saturday was the most watched Super Regional telecast of all-time garnering over one million viewers according to ShowBuzzDaily.com."

The Tide’s 8-5 win over Texas, which aired on ESPN, was watched by 1,005,000 million viewers which is the most watched Super Regional game and the most matched non-World Series matchup of all-time. It was part of a huge Saturday slate in TV viewership for softball: the most watched super regional day ever.

Game three of Texas-Alabama was the third most watched cable sports program of the week only behind game six of the NBA Conference Finals between the Milwaukee Bucks and Toronto Raptors on TNT Saturday night (6.4 million) and ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball between the Atlanta Braves and St Louis Cardinals (1.3 million viewers).

Texas-Alabama is the most watched three game Super Regional series in college softball history averaging over 786,000 viewers for the three games.

Edited by LTtxfan

3    Pac 12 teams.  AZ, UCLA, Wash

2    Big 12     Okie Lite, blOU

2   Sec.          Bama, gators

1   Big 10      Minnesota

Results so far:

Ariz.   upset   Wash

Ucla    beat     Minn

OkLite  upset   gators 🐊  

Edited by LTtxfan

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Bama freshman pitcher looks like deer in the headlights.  Seems intimidated by blOU hitters so far..... her stuff not sharp so far.

Great defensive play by Bama 2B saves a run!!

I think she is still not 100% after her mid-season injury. She has not been the same ever since. Also may just not be used to this type of workload.

3 minutes ago, bamachine said:

I think she is still not 100% after her mid-season injury. She has not been the same ever since. Also may just not be used to this type of workload.

Great job fighting back to only give up 1 run.  She won't last long if her pitch count per inning isn't reduced going forward. Way too many high stress pitches for the young Bama pitcher in inning #1.

After 1 inning, blOU leads 1-0.

Edited by LTtxfan

18 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Nice win for the Lady Pokes.

Congrats. Was rooting for your girls. Screw UF and their P that gets away with about 10 illegal pitches per game. If she ends up playing in international ball after this, I doubt she gets away with it so much.

Congrats. Was rooting for your girls. Screw UF and their P that gets away with about 10 illegal pitches per game. If she ends up playing in international ball after this, I doubt she gets away with it so much.

I admit it’s the first softball game I’ve watched start to finish. Enjoyed it and I’ll cheer on anything OSU. I’m all in. And fuck ou. I hear they kinda good.

Bama 2nd baseman is a stud defensively... Great range and quickness to her left.  Already has made two plays that kept gooners from scoring more runs and preventing a big inning...

Edited by LTtxfan

8 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I admit it’s the first softball game I’ve watched start to finish. Enjoyed it and I’ll cheer on anything OSU. I’m all in. And fuck ou. I hear they kinda good.

Been watching since the 2012 WCWS. I picked a good year to start watching. I don't watch all of the games but try to catch all the postseason games.

Also, how the hell you guys put up with that Boomer Sooner BS all year is beyond me.

Edited by bamachine

3 minutes ago, bamachine said:

Shit. Our OF has cost two runs that should have been outs, Not easy ones but still.

That triple was hit too well to be caught.  Best the OF could have done was hold batter to a double, but runner still scores easily from 1st base because there were two outs...