Aggy Hype Rollercoaster 2019 Edition

TexArcher

On 8/8/2019 at 9:36 PM, Hurtlocker said:

8 wins and a bowl loss.  Perennially.  

qjJGAy.gif

20 hours ago, Judge Elihu Smails said:

Here's a fun fact.  Kansas St had a better decade in the 90's than my beloved Sooners. 

That's a fact.  It just is what it is.  (even though their OOC scheduling has ALWAYS been a joke, it still doesn't change who was better that decade)

Now, how can I admit that?

Well, I'm not an insecure little bitch is my first guess.

^^^^^^I"ll let the smart ones tell the simpler ones what that last sentence means and who it's referencing.  Toodles.

Who didn't know that?  Oklahoma was average at best during the 90's.  Everyone who's anyone knows KState had the decade of dominants

rqbtirhdtagho3mvnnlu

On 8/11/2019 at 8:43 PM, Hank Chinaski said:

So, the dead horse you've come here to beat is that, over an (expired) 8-year stretch - which was historically bad for Texas and more or less par for the course for A&M - that A&M performed marginally better (and still won nothing of consequence)? 

Let's ask Harrison Ford about this:

spacer.png

I've never known fans other than aggys to have their team go 20 years without being able to accomplish back-to-back seasons with a winning record in conference play and somehow claim the team has been a paragon of long-term excellence.

A&M hasn't managed a season with 10 wins over FBS opponents since the late 1990s.

Mediocrity has become such a hallmark of aggy athletics that in their self-proclaimed "decade of excellence" they completely ignore than at least since joining the S!E!C! no FBS team has padded their schedule with more FCS teams than Texas A&M. 

The past decade has included the single worst stretch in UT football program history, so any comparison including UT will be skewed. No one is denying Mack lost his focus at the end of his tenure, and that Charlie Strong was the worst coach in the history of UT football (based on team record).

The reality is that while ZERO other fanbases will say UT has had a better decade than Texas A&M, ZERO other fanbases will say Texas A&M has accomplished anything material over the past decade in any major sport.

the 2019-2020 school year will be no different. For every major sport. A&M teams will flail and fail, while aggys will worship Jimbo and claim "next year" is when "the sleeping giant awakens."

When mediocrity defines a school's athletics program for well over 100 years, every small accomplishment is hilariously magnified, and "next year" is always their year.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2019 at 6:46 PM, TexArcher said:

This is gonna be long, but I'm bored and avoiding work.

It's usually a mostly steady uptick as they beat up on cream puffs and roll out to a 5-1 or 4-2 first half before the wheels fall off and the gnashing of tooth begins.

I think this year there will be a lot more zig-zags:

They'll pound Texas St.  "It's finally our year, praise Jimbo and White Jesus!"

They'll get pounded by Clemson.  "I'm not worried.  It was a road loss against an NFL caliber team and there's a lot to learn from that game that'll help us beat Bama at Kyle."

They'll pound Lamar.  "See, Cletus, I told y'all it was our year.  I can't believe we're only #21.  We might be the best 2-1 team ever."

They'll lose a heartbreaker at home to Auburn.  "God dammit.  Nobody beats us at Kyle.  Auburn must be way better than people thought.  But we can still win out and make the playoff."

They'll beat Arkansas by something like 28-24.  "Not pretty, but a road win in the SEC is something only four or five teams in the whole country are capable of.  I can't believe we're 16-point underdogs to Bama.  Nobody beats us at Kyle!"

Bama beats them at Kyle by 31.  "Well, shit, Cletus.  What are ya gonna do?  But we're still looking like a 9-3 team headed to a New Year's Six bowl."

Aggy rolls up wins against Ole Miss, Miss St, and UTSA.  They're 6-3 and ranked again.  "Gig 'em, bitches!  Farmers Fight!  This team has come such a long way - I'm telling ya, Cletus, if we could start the season over with these fine young men playing this well, we'd be 9-0."

South Carolina upsets aggy at Kyle.  "Fucking refs, god dammit!"

Aggy loses by 28 at Georgia.  "Hold me, Cletus."

Aggy loses by 28 at LSU to finish 6-6.  "I fucking TOLD you Jimbo wasn't the guy, Cletus!  Like 80% of our roster will start in the NFL and we're going to the god damned Liberty Bowl.  If we don't win at least 12 next season, it's time to call Belichick."

I hate aggy, a lot.  But I also love those delusional little weirdos.  It's gonna be a fun year.

(And fuck you, texags)

Right...  On...  Schedule...