Texas Football Podcasts, Press Conferences & Interviews Thread

LTtxfan

Scipio Tex --Everyone Gets a Trophy Podcast   (Oct 26)

"Don't Be A Candy Ass"

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/dont-be-a-candy-ass/id1479624200?i=1000539711304

Paul and Kevin talk Astros-Braves and why they want Houston to put a thumb in the eye of their smug detractors, discuss Baylor's penchant for hiring good coaches, the Big 12 race, the Matt Wells firing, TCU vs. Texas Tech as a job destination, the dangers of a coach taking an intermediate program job, preview the Baylor Bears football team, mock Urban Meyer sanctimony, and then finish with the Ultimate Halloween Candy Dos and Dont's.

Don't be the person who gives out pennies and pretzels on Halloween and support our sponsors... 

Edited by LTtxfan

Scipio Tex:  Everyone Gets a Trophy Podcast

"An Ode To A Toad"     Nov. 2nd

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/an-ode-to-a-toad/id1479624200?i=1000540465907 

Paul and Kevin talk about Gary Patterson's 21 year legacy at TCU, head coaches holding on too long, how to contextualize Patterson's legacy in Ft Worth, and the potential dominos falling elsewhere in college football coaching hires. Then it's on to another frustrating Longhorn loss. This time in Waco to the Baylor Bears. What did we learn? Are we learning anything? Finally, they talk World Series baseball and Paul tries to understand why major league baseball players have such stupid hair and beards and wear grandma's pearls.

Nov 9th, Scipio Tex:  Everyone Gets a Trophy Podcast

"Aim High, Ames Low"

https://podcasts.apple.com/ai/podcast/aim-high-ames-low/id1479624200?i=1000541270158 

Paul offers tips on cleaning poop covered dogs and the dangers of letting little kids name your pets. Speaking of crappy situations, Kevin and Paul talk Texas-Iowa State. Then it's a potpourri of topics, including: Texas potentially courting Quinn Ewers through the portal, how NIL may calcify self-satisfaction, WR Joshua Moore quitting, great college defenses, and how Texas finishes out its final three games.

10 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Steve Sarkisian Postgame Press Conference at WVU [Nov. 20, 2021]

Any one feel confident better days are ahead with this guy. He is standing there telling everyone that they have yet to figure out how stop people or how to play a full game on offense with one game to go. They should have figured it out after the bye week. I am sure players find this leadership inspiring.

17 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Any one feel confident better days are ahead with this guy. He is standing there telling everyone that they have yet to figure out how stop people or how to play a full game on offense with one game to go. They should have figured it out after the bye week. I am sure players find this leadership inspiring.

The fact that the team played till the end vs West Virginia gives me a glimmer hope.  Gonna come down to this 2022 Recruiting Class plus quality talent evals on the portal transfers brought in this off-season for SARK to have any chance to turn this "aircraft carrier" around...

Btw -- What a "cluster-fuck" in that locker room right now -- hopefully a lot of the "problems" move on from Texas  

Edited by LTtxfan
Fuckin' Autocorrect

On 11/21/2021 at 9:50 AM, DanTheHorn said:

agree but at least he is telling it like it is.  he's just leaving out the key part...

• 2 weeks later...