Nurse Jackie

Vic Mackey

6 minutes ago, RPM said:

First couple of seasons are definitely better than the last couple.

I agree with that. I enjoyed Jackie more as the drug addict who kept her life secret and was living basically a double life. And trying to hide everything and be as sneaky as possible. It lost a little of what the show was about for me when she revealed every single thing about her and her situation. I still enjoy it right now, though.

Nurse Jackie >>>>>>>>>> Weeds.  

Nurse Jackie may get weaker in later seasons, but it's still enjoyable from beginning to end.  Getting a little less interesting is pretty common for all shows.  I liked Nurse Jackie enough that I've thought about revisiting it at some point.  

Weeds became unwatchable at some point around season 4 or 5, and anyone that finished it likely only did out of habit.  I'll never watch Weeds again.

7 hours ago, Tom said:

Nurse Jackie may get weaker in later seasons, but it's still enjoyable from beginning to end.  Getting a little less interesting is pretty common for all shows.  I liked Nurse Jackie enough that I've thought about revisiting it at some point.  

Weeds became unwatchable at some point around season 4 or 5, and anyone that finished it likely only did out of habit.  I'll never watch Weeds again.

Agree on Weeds. If they had ended the show at the airport when the family was flying to Europe and (if I remember right) the Mexican cartel boyfriend got busted, that would have been perfect. The seasons after that were crap and like you said I watched because I had already invested so much.

Edited by Nole-4-Life

21 hours ago, Tom said:

Nancy Botwin >>>>>>>>>> Nurse Jackie on the hotness scale.

Also first season or 2 of Weeds > first few seasons of Nurse Jackie IMO primarily because of Romany Malco (and Kevin Nealon) but once he left it turned South quickly.

I didn’t finish either of them, but I think I stuck with Nurse Jackie longer.

5 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

Nancy Botwin >>>>>>>>>> Nurse Jackie on the hotness scale.

Also first season or 2 of Weeds > first few seasons of Nurse Jackie IMO primarily because of Romany Malco (and Kevin Nealon) but once he left it turned South quickly.

I didn’t finish either of them, but I think I stuck with Nurse Jackie longer.

I can't argue with any of this.  Weeds was a great show the first few seasons and the actress who plays Nancy is definitely hotter than the actress who plays Jackie.  I don't think anyone ever accuses Jackie of being hot.

Weeds is like Dexter, Californication, and others in continuing the long tradition of Showtime series of going to complete shit after a few seasons.  Nurse Jackie managed to avoid that curse, IMO.