ap week 12 / cfp week 1

Hagbard Celine

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Not really.

Aggy isn't going to win their division.  Florida will and just needs to beat Alabama to clinch a playoff berth.  The SEC champ won't be left out.  Aggy needs a lot of other things to happen to be in the conversation with Florida, Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson and ND. 

best bet for aggy is to have the rest of their games cancelled and run out of time.

• Haha 1

So have Tom's. 
Sorta. Three not so no good starts but we did hang in and compete. It is difficult to find inspiration in 2020s effort. 2019s effort was quite poor but hung in there. So it's really these last two that lacked inspiration.

2017. Down 20-0. Outgained by 90 yards. Lost by 5.
2018. Showed up ready both games.
2019. Ou up 10-0. Outgained by 190. Lost by 7.
2020. Ou up 10-0. I think the fumble really impacted each team's confidence big time. Lost in OT.

2014. Outgained Ou by 250. Were down 17-3 due to kickoff and defensive TD. Lost by 7
2015. Outgained Ou by 90 yards. Won.
2016. OU outgained us by 250. This is the 2nd half back and forth until Ou stole the ball on an interception. Lost by 5.

In 2014-16, we weren't good and were outmatched but showed up to compete. There are a number of fans that don't feel that we showed up to compete in 2019 or 2020 in spite of the final scores. It's really those efforts that have people wanting Herman's job.

I'm done with it if you'd like the final word.

46 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Sorta. Three not so no good starts but we did hang in and compete. It is difficult to find inspiration in 2020s effort. 2019s effort was quite poor but hung in there. So it's really these last two that lacked inspiration.

2017. Down 20-0. Outgained by 90 yards. Lost by 5.
2018. Showed up ready both games.
2019. Ou up 10-0. Outgained by 190. Lost by 7.
2020. Ou up 10-0. I think the fumble really impacted each team's confidence big time. Lost in OT.

2014. Outgained Ou by 250. Were down 17-3 due to kickoff and defensive TD. Lost by 7
2015. Outgained Ou by 90 yards. Won.
2016. OU outgained us by 250. This is the 2nd half back and forth until Ou stole the ball on an interception. Lost by 5.

In 2014-16, we weren't good and were outmatched but showed up to compete. There are a number of fans that don't feel that we showed up to compete in 2019 or 2020 in spite of the final scores. It's really those efforts that have people wanting Herman's job.

I'm done with it if you'd like the final word.

I just don't really understand what you're arguing. That Charlie wasn't as bad as we all thought because he wasn't an utter, abject failure against OU? That Charlie would give us a better chance to win a random, selected game against any opponent in any stadium than Herman? 

He didn't even have a fucking winning record here. The fact that OU lost in 2015 is more an embarrassment for their program than a ringing endorsement of Chuck.

Edited by ztejas

I just don't really understand what you're arguing. That Charlie wasn't as bad as we all thought because he wasn't an utter, abject failure against OU?

The original point was that Charlie would certainly lose to Liberty. Not your point necessarily but another posters. His record was subpar to say the least. But his teams hit good OU teams in the mouth from the opening snap. So my point there was in games against our biggest rival Charlie's team showed up to their best abilities while Herman's have not. Given the level of talent on the 2020 Texas roster compared to the 2014 Texas roster, I have questions as to which coached team shows up more ready to play Liberty.

But you then took it and turned it to say that Herman's teams show up full of piss and vinegar (not your words) when playing OU. Only in 2018 did they do that.

Texas fans want the win-loss record to be stellar. But they also want the team ready to play OU every damn time. Not 3/5ths of the time. Not 2/5ths of the time. Herman's teams have not done that. You said they did/do. And this 2020 OU is the weakest of that bunch of OU teams.

So that's my point to your interjection. Herman's team do not always show up ready to hit OU in the mouth.

3 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

The original point was that Charlie would certainly lose to Liberty. Not your point necessarily but another posters. His record was subpar to say the least. But his teams hit good OU teams in the mouth from the opening snap. So my point there was in games against our biggest rival Charlie's team showed up to their best abilities while Herman's have not. Given the level of talent on the 2020 Texas roster compared to the 2014 Texas roster, I have questions as to which coached team shows up more ready to play Liberty.

But you then took it and turned it to say that Herman's teams show up full of piss and vinegar (not your words) when playing OU. Only in 2018 did they do that.

Texas fans want the win-loss record to be stellar. But they also want the team ready to play OU every damn time. Not 3/5ths of the time. Not 2/5ths of the time. Herman's teams have not done that. You said they did/do. And this 2020 OU is the weakest of that bunch of OU teams.

So that's my point to your interjection. Herman's team do not always show up ready to hit OU in the mouth.

Over It Reaction GIF

Have a nice Thanksgiving!