San Antonio Rental Market

LABEVO

I’d probably look in the medical center because of med students.  Pretty much a perpetual base of renters that shouldn’t be affected by economic changes.   Plus they are more likely to have consistent income because of loans, more likely to not fuck up anything or have kids to tear it up.  

now if you are looking for something to rent for now and move into later it’s probably not the nicest place .

• Hook 'Em 1

Other option is to get something near a military base and rent to military families. Another constant stream of renters but you could run into issues like renters being deployed. Nice thing about it is that none of the bases are in nice areas of town, so properties tend to be affordable.

I'd say off of 1604 between Helotes and Alamo Ranch area outside the loop. Reasonably prices homes that are within some good high schools Brandeis/O'Connor and the new one that is built on Culebra. This area is close to Lackland as well.

I feel like Stone Oak/Encino area may be a little pricier for rental type. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/15/2021 at 10:28 PM, StruggleBus said:

Not sure what your price range is, but you could also look into places near Stone Oak or Encino Park. You can still snag the occasional sub 300k house in those areas and demand is always high because of excellent schools in the area.

thoughts on multi-unit in 78212? around $500k is the price range