Mr Inbetween S3

RPM

Bad news folks.

FX’s ‘Mr Inbetween’ Not Returning After Season 3

Scott Ryan’s “Mr Inbetween,” which will premiere its third season on May 25 on FX, is ending with this upcoming season.

The half-hour series, created by, written and starring Scott Ryan and directed by Nash Edgerton, centers on Ryan’s Ray Shoesmith, a criminal for hire who collects debts, drugs and guns, and sometimes “takes care of people” in a permanent way as he juggles being a dad and taking care of an aging parent.

In the third season of “Mr Inbetween,” Ray will deal with the loss of Bruce, figure out how to care for his aging father Bill (Kenny Graham), and be faced with his daughter Brittany (Chika Yasumura) possibly discovering who he really is. Ray is now working freelance and feeling isolated after severing ties with former boss and confidant Freddy (Damon Herriman), but with business booming, a new connection with kingpin Rafael (Jeremy Sims) compounds Ray’s problems. The season will also see him connect with new colleague Zoe (Emily Barclay), though “unexpected tragedy” will have Ray questioning his career and his ethics. According to the network’s description of the upcoming storyline: “Fellow underworld figures dub Ray ‘The Magician’ for his uncanny ability to make things disappear. As his family crumbles, emotions rage and violence escalates, the blood on his hands may finally cause the magic wand to slip.”

Season 3 will be nine episodes long, with the premiere including the first two episodes, and each successive episode airing in following weeks. “Mr Inbetween” is executive produced by Edgerton, Ryan, and Michele Bennett; the series was shot in Australia and is produced by Blue-Tongue Films and Pariah Productions in association with FX Productions.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I always try to avoid the previews, but I saw something that gave me the idea that next week's episode involves the daughter quite a bit. 

I'm enjoying her character arc - the quick thinking of how to conceal the bullet hole in the wall, her noticing the "stakeout," etc. 

I'd rather just have a few more seasons of the show, and I don't have any reason to think this would ever happen, but a spinoff with his daughter getting into criminal mischief while juggling school could be entertaining. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...