Romantically Setting Friends or Family up

Doc Holliday

13 hours ago, Armybrat said:

I was Best Man at a college buddy's wedding. Had met the Maid of Honor once a couple of years before but no contact in between and barely remembered her. After the wedding ceremony someone said it was expected for the BM to ask the MoH out for the evening, so I did.

Proposed to her after a couple of weeks & 6 dates, then got married 5 months later.

Virtually all our friends said it wouldn't last, but they're all now divorced & remarried since then - and we are fixin' to celebrate our 51st anniversary..

You never know.

Image result for that's beautiful man gif

12 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Maybe they're just trying to save money by making sure neither of you have dates for the wedding.

You laugh but this is actually a subconscious criteria that I've set when paring down my invitation list to about 120.  I hate it, but those +1's might cost me an extra G with the caterer.  I feel like an asshole.  Then I feel grateful that I've got enough good friends and family to where my guest list could approach treefiddy.

Edited by BearSchlong

3 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

You laugh but this is actually a subconscious criteria that I've set when paring down my invitation list to about 120.  I hate it, but those +1's might cost me an extra G with the caterer.  I feel like an asshole.  Then I feel grateful that I've got enough good friends and family to where my guest list could approach treefiddy.

You're not my friend, are you?

On 5/3/2018 at 11:00 AM, TornACL said:

I always enjoy when my friends want to introduce me to some woman who is "Really nice" or "so sweet". My answer is always, how fat is she?

Will she fit in a regular sized rowboat?

• Like 1