Tottenham Hotspur 21-22: Ted Lasso Season 2

Captain Ron

Reluctantly staying.  I had two friends who support other PL clubs tell me this summer that he was going and there was nothing Spurs could do about it.   Did anyone really think there is a club that had or was willing to spend 150mil pounds in covid times?    I do think he goes next summer but I don't think Levy wants him in the PL. 

So now that we can put that circus behind us.  COYS!

Edited by midtown

Yeah, City has that kind of money, so do a few others.

That said, they had to come with a real offer to make it happen.

And honestly, I would not be shocked if this was a move by Levy to see if they can get City to up the offer. "Hey Harry, say that you're happy to stay, let's see what happens."

It's nice to be sitting atop the table, but there are still concerns going forward. 

Three goals in 3 matches; Son's goal against City is the only goal from open play, Dele's PK, and Son's set piece goal.

Nuno's tactics don't allow for any midfield creativity.  Skipp and PEH are not going to pick the lock of any opposing side's defense. Hopefully, this gets addressed after the international break.  Maybe Gio plays more coming out of the break, and who knows what the future holds for Ndombele. 

Still, great to be sitting atop the table, and there definitely seems to be a different feel/culture about the club right now.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

It's nice to be sitting atop the table, but there are still concerns going forward. 

Three goals in 3 matches; Son's goal against City is the only goal from open play, Dele's PK, and Son's set piece goal.

Nuno's tactics don't allow for any midfield creativity.  Skipp and PEH are not going to pick the lock of any opposing side's defense. Hopefully, this gets addressed after the international break.  Maybe Gio plays more coming out of the break, and who knows what the future holds for Ndombele. 

Still, great to be sitting atop the table, and there definitely seems to be a different feel/culture about the club right now.

Lot's of truth here.

Let's see how this goes. I feel a lot of this is much less to do with this team not being good and more to do with this team not yet getting it's game together. Nuno getting this team to play their game, this team has a lot of talent that could put them in the mix come the new year. Ultimately the goal this year should be back to the UCL and make a run at one of the national trophies.

One thing to worry about is depth. This team isn't deep, 4 tournaments + a compacted WCQ cycle is going to take a toll on the players. 

Giovani Lo Celso and Cuti Romero are both going to Argentina for international duty. This is despite them not being released by the club because Argentina is a red list country.

Their 10 day quarantine will force them to miss games against Palace and Rennes (Europe).

https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2021/8/29/22647222/tottenham-hotspur-news-lo-celso-romero-argentina-international-duty-red-listed-isolation

3 hours ago, midtown said:

Tanguy is not moving this summer.   Aurier might the only one going per Spurs twitter people.  Half say Emerson is a done deal and the other have say it's as dead as the scums season

Emerson is signed

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/30/tottenham-reach-agreement-with-barcelona-to-sign-emerson-royal-for-30m