Tottenham Hotspur 21-22: Ted Lasso Season 2

Captain Ron

9 minutes ago, DCLonghorn said:
12 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:
West Ham dedicates practice time to set pieces. We don't seem to. Also, nice of Nuno to wait until the 84th minute to make changes.

To be fair, we clearly focus our training time to passing it around the back and walking around after we go down one.

I think Nuno has zero plan for how to attack outside of counters. He's basically a less caustic Mourinho.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, DCLonghorn said:
6 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:
I think Nuno has zero plan for how to attack outside of counters. He's basically a less caustic Mourinho.

A bit of a mystery to me....Wolves under him were relentless. I feared that team when we played them, and not just bc of Tryori roids. EPL version of all gas no brakes.

Nah. Different formation (3-5-2) and was pretty much all counter attacking football. Wolves were generally always the underdog.

5 minutes ago, midtown said:

I still have no confidence that Kane wants to be at Spurs.  Zero

he doesn’t want to be there. 

21 minutes ago, DCLonghorn said:
23 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

A bit of a mystery to me....Wolves under him were relentless. I feared that team when we played them, and not just bc of Tryori roids. EPL version of all gas no brakes.

their whole approach with nuno was to clog the midfield and back and punt balls for traore to chase on the counter. spurs long-standing inability to break down those types of teams doesn’t mean they’re relentless.

33 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

They should have hired Graham Potter. Levy is Jerry Jones and Paratici's vision seems to involve a complicated multi year rebuild.

One that isn't necessary. This team is SUPER talented with attacking talent. All they need is an attacking scheme. Potter was the absolute right fit. Was he ever considered?

2 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

One that isn't necessary. This team is SUPER talented with attacking talent. All they need is an attacking scheme. Potter was the absolute right fit. Was he ever considered?

Potter had a big buyout. We weren't interested in paying it. I believe we were also looking for someone more "proven."

2 minutes ago, midtown said:

Lots of tweets about a possible Nuno sacking

Yeah, Crisis Talks going on today regarding Nuno's future.  Rumors that Conte might be in the fold. 

I'm all for Nuno leaving.  I think we've had a large enough sample size to know what his philosophy is, and it's not in keeping with Levy's statement about how Spurs "need to return to their DNA".  

Levy won't leave, but he's not helping matters either.  I was encouraged that he hired a Director, but it's looking like Paratici isn't the person he should have hired.  He's the antithesis of Spurs' philosophy.  It was head scratching when Levy hired someone that has no interest in his vision for the club.  Paratici is too "pragmatic". 

On the field, what's most damning is that Spurs need a midfield.  They need to cut ties with several players and go after several more.  This is the sum result of Levy's refusal to sign anyone from Jan 2018 to Summer 2019.  No depth, and no one prepared to step in.  

What happens in the next few weeks will be telling.  This is Levy's most crucial decision. 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

This is what's so baffling to me. Nuno was clearly the wrong choice from the start, yet he was the choice. That so many better choices were out there and they didn't amke them ... UGH.

nobody wants to come manage with levy and paratici pulling the strings. a conte hire and we'll just be doing this again in 18 (or less) months.