Tottenham Hotspur 21-22: Ted Lasso Season 2

Captain Ron

Clearly would rather have top 4 than the boot. But would be a great accomplishment for one of our best players.   Just pointing out that it seems to be a foregone conclusion that Salah is going to win it (odds are that he will) but Sonny only 3 behind

Edited by midtown

3 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Spurs to host 2 NFL games next year:

Oct 2 - Vikings-Sainta
Oct 9 - Giants-Packers

can you refresh my memory, is there another field for NFL games and if so, how long does it take to turn that around?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, pied06 said:

can you refresh my memory, is there another field for NFL games and if so, how long does it take to turn that around?

Different field. The soccer field is retractable. The NFL artificial turf field is below it.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, pied06 said:

Thanks, that was very cool to see.  

Curious if this gets duplicated more or if people deem the expense is more than  benefits it provides.  Pretty unbelievable technology.

t's hard to see anyone else making the move, I don't think anyone else would do it.

Spurs did it because they could get some money from the NFL both for games and the stadium itself, plus some years from the NFL (10, not sure how the COVID year affects that). 

The NFL likely won't move many, if any, more games there, so that avenue of funds isn't there. Wembley is going to host for a long while as it isn't used much in the fall. 

One thing I will say - Spurs don't risk their field for anything that happens there. They could have concerts, boxing, other events, etc, in season, with little worry for the field. That's kind of big. It gives London a second venue in a much different location, that big events can happen. 

BUT where I really think the big thing is - few teams are looking to build stadiums. I mean you have Everton, then who's next? Maybe Liverpool or ManU, but I'm not sure they are looking to move ... so who?

What would be interesting would be to see an American city do it - to double use their stadium. I mean imagine Seattle if they stadium was able to shift like this between the Seahawks and Sounders?

• Hook 'Em 1

Good stuff, I love stadiums and that venue in London will be used a lot I'd think.  

Chelsea will be doing something sometime soon.  Liverpool is expanding Anfield as we speak and probably close to eh max they need anyway.  Don't think we're building anything new.  

Can't think of many places here that it would be cost effective.  Seattle/Atlanta seems to have a good scene and can fill theirs up from time to time, bu think most MLS teams would struggle in a big environment.  

48 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Spurs don't risk their field for anything that happens there. They could have concerts, boxing, other events, etc, in season, with little worry for the field. That's kind of big. It gives London a second venue in a much different location, that big events can happen. 

Tottenham have a 10 year contract to host NFL games.   I doubt they would have built the convertible stadium without some type of guarantee it would be used and to help pay for the massive cost.  It's also part of their agreement in North London to host major events like boxing, concerts etc to help the area on non-Spurs wknds.  I doubt very highly many other cities or clubs could possibly get an ROI on an NFL convertible stadium.

I'll be throwing up some pictures next weekend

Edited by midtown

1 hour ago, pied06 said:

Good stuff, I love stadiums and that venue in London will be used a lot I'd think.  

Chelsea will be doing something sometime soon.  Liverpool is expanding Anfield as we speak and probably close to eh max they need anyway.  Don't think we're building anything new.  

Can't think of many places here that it would be cost effective.  Seattle/Atlanta seems to have a good scene and can fill theirs up from time to time, bu think most MLS teams would struggle in a big environment.  

Yeah, being in London really helps, especially at a different end of the city from Wembley, it will absolutely get used.

While I know teams are expanding, I'm not sure I see anyone building a stadium from scratch coming up. The thing about the Big 6, everyone has facilities they are going to be at a while. And I just don't see how this might be an add for an existing stadium.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, midtown said:

Klopp is mad we played defense yesterday

Klopp is a front runner. He's "enthusiastic" and "passionate" when things are going his way, but he can be a real ass when things aren't. And no one calls him out over it. 

He bitched yesterday about his schedule and how Son and Kane were rested, yet his side was exhausted.  GTFOH, you're still eligible for the quadruple, maybe quit bitching about being successful. 

• Hook 'Em 1