Smart garage door opener

I have a standard LiftMaster garage door opener with no smart features built in. I would like to add smart capabilities so I can access it from my phone, open it remotely if someone else needs to get in, and most importantly, set a schedule to auto-close it in the evening to avoid the rare occasions where we forget to close it and it stays open all night long.

From what I can tell, this can be accomplished doing a retrofit which requires a new wall control and a gateway/bridge. I think these are the 2 specific products I would need for my setup:

https://www.amazon.com/Liftmaster-Security-Control-Upgrades-Previous/dp/B00B8BFG0O

https://www.amazon.com/LiftMaster-MYQ-819LMB-Home-Bridge/dp/B075RQVSY7

Does anyone have experience doing this? Anything else I should be aware of before ordering and installing it?

Make sure you'll get the features you want with a retrofit. I have a Liftmaster smart opener with the app and all that baked in. I don't see a way to set schedules. The feature I would like to see is a schedule that locks out remotes at 10pm or whatever. Only way to open the door is from "inside the house!" (whatup Scream) or via the app. But nope.

5 minutes ago, Bill Clay said:

Make sure you'll get the features you want with a retrofit. I have a Liftmaster smart opener with the app and all that baked in. I don't see a way to set schedules. The feature I would like to see is a schedule that locks out remotes at 10pm or whatever. Only way to open the door is from "inside the house!" (whatup Scream) or via the app. But nope.

Update - I do have the schedule option you describe to close the door. My bad. But my remote lockout feature not available.

I got an aftermarket Meross Smart WiFi Garage door opener to add to my old, dumb garage door opener.  Works great for me.  I can easily tell if someone has left the door open when they leave.  I was able to let a neighbor in to shut off my sprinkler system when we were out-of-town.  I like controlling the door with the phone app as opposed to having a controller sitting in my car.

3 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

I got an aftermarket Meross Smart WiFi Garage door opener to add to my old, dumb garage door opener.  Works great for me.  I can easily tell if someone has left the door open when they leave.  I was able to let a neighbor in to shut off my sprinkler system when we were out-of-town.  I like controlling the door with the phone app as opposed to having a controller sitting in my car.

I installed the Chamberlain myQ hub for my Mom's new house.  Has a 2000 era Genie.  Paired after only two tries  The whole effort took less than an hour.  App notifications work well too.