Starbucks: Give your tired, your poor, your huddled masses...

Aqua Buddha

This will go horribly bad.  This will turn some of the locations into defect homeless bathrooms and drug galleries.  Good luck with all that:

NEW YORK — Starbucks announced a new policy Saturday that allows anyone to sit in its cafes or use its restrooms, even if they don't buy anything.

Company executives have said its previous policies were loose and ambiguous, leaving decisions on whether people could sit in its stores or use the restroom up to store managers.

Starbucks said it has told workers to consider anyone who walks into its stores a customer, "regardless of whether they make a purchase."

The company said anyone can use its cafes, patios or restrooms without buying anything, but it noted workers should still call the police if someone is a safety threat.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/new-starbucks-policy-no-purchase-needed-sit-cafes-n875736

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

This will go horribly bad.  This will turn some of the locations into defect homeless bathrooms and drug galleries.  Good luck with all that:

NEW YORK — Starbucks announced a new policy Saturday that allows anyone to sit in its cafes or use its restrooms, even if they don't buy anything.

Company executives have said its previous policies were loose and ambiguous, leaving decisions on whether people could sit in its stores or use the restroom up to store managers.

Starbucks said it has told workers to consider anyone who walks into its stores a customer, "regardless of whether they make a purchase."

The company said anyone can use its cafes, patios or restrooms without buying anything, but it noted workers should still call the police if someone is a safety threat.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/new-starbucks-policy-no-purchase-needed-sit-cafes-n875736

I used their downtown bathroom during SXSW and I usually hang out there while I am waiting for my haircut. No way am I buying something from there, though.