the Little Train has left the station

Fastbreak

RIP Lionel James

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33371078/ex-auburn-san-diego-chargers-running-back-lionel-james-dies-lengthy-illness-59

Confession, both of my parents graduated from Auburn. I was born there. James was my favorite player as a kid at Auburn and with the Chargers. Luckily I moved to Texas pretty early in life, but I still loved how this guy played.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Dang, RIP...i I remember as a kid Auburn having Bo and Lionel and Brent Fullwood basically back to back thinking they were Taulback U of the 80s 

and then cadillac and ronnie brown and brandon jacobs on NCAA Football 2004 (?) had me thinking they were RBU of the aughts. 

James was proof that heart mattered. He was told his entire life that he was "too small". Dude flat out could play. I think he played 5 years in NFL and at one point had the NFL single season record for total yardage. And it stood for a long time. RIP - you were a player.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 5:29 PM, AUinHsv said:

James was proof that heart mattered. He was told his entire life that he was "too small". Dude flat out could play. I think he played 5 years in NFL and at one point had the NFL single season record for total yardage. And it stood for a long time. RIP - you were a player.

First RB to have 1,000 receiving yards  in a season.