Moderating the moderators

Ah yes, the poll must be wrong and I am right because it happened at a particular time frame. Just like an aggy picking a certain year to go back to that suits their narrative.

The two recent posts I deleted in the Uvalde thread I agreed with 100%. I think there should be gun control and we should do everything in our power to prevent these events from happening. They don't make me uncomfortable, I just don't want to wade through them when wanting to read about news. 

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

moving it to a more appropriate thread...

Just seems a bit like hornsfans rules lol. "I know the team is making mistakes, but I'm tired of hearing about them so you can ONLY talk about the plays on the field. No criticism of the coaching allowed! If I wanted to hear criticisms, I'd listen to the radio. I came to this thread to read about the game stats, not read about how greg davis is not our standard."

It's taking an active stance in your moderation to prohibit any discussion of how to prevent future tragedy. It kills any discussion in which the two sides are "maybe we should have more laws to prevent dangerous people from getting guns" and "a five minute wait to get a gun is tyranny".

You tell me which side you really think your message board should be giving cover to. Because if you want to talk about how to not have as many kids turned into corpses, you're apparently being political and should leave?

You have you own room, crybaby

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, blacklab said:

Ah yes, the poll must be wrong and I am right because it happened at a particular time frame. Just like an aggy picking a certain year to go back to that suits their narrative.

Lol you ran that poll the day after thousands of unidentified federal officers used tear gas, rubber bullets, riot claymores, and flashbangs on peaceful protesters on Lafayette Square in DC - all in the middle of the Floyd riots when it was all that the country was focusing on. You can dodge all you want, but I think it's pretty unlikely the two were unrelated. 

You should have named the poll "Surly Safe Space: yes or no?"

EDIT: and I'll repost here what I replied to you there then:

The pattern of "political talk" and its moderation on this board seems to be:

1. Notable news event occurs, example of military police attacking lawful peaceful protesters
  2. Posters discuss the current event factually
  3. Bad actor poster defends/minimizes/misrepresents the event and misstates material facts of the event
  4. Bad actor is called out for misstating facts and framing the issue as something its not
  5. Bad actor attacks along political lines
  6. Thread is shit upon
  7. Blacklab makes new thread with his own title to re-re-frame the discussion and moves posts there

The issue isn't politics or not politics. The issue is that people can't handle a viewpoint that isn't in 100% alignment with their own, and if they disagree they shout CR and look for any possible reason to ad-hominem ignore the argument/poster.

This poll is a bad poll. You'll get the result you want thanks to framing it as such, but its your board to run the way you see fit.

Edited by Captainant

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

Lol you ran that poll the day after thousands of unidentified federal officers used tear gas, rubber bullets, riot claymores, and flashbangs on peaceful protesters on Lafayette Square in DC - all in the middle of the Floyd riots when it was all that the country was focusing on. You can dodge all you want, but I think it's pretty unlikely the two were unrelated. 

1. Notable news event occurs, example of military police attacking lawful peaceful protesters
  3. Bad actor poster defends/minimizes/misrepresents the event and misstates material facts of the event
  4. Bad actor is called out for misstating facts and framing the issue as something its not
  6. Thread is shit upon
  7. Blacklab makes new thread with his own title to re-re-frame the discussion and moves posts there

The issue isn't politics or not politics. The issue is that people can't handle a viewpoint that isn't in 100% alignment with their own, and if they disagree they shout CR and look for any possible reason to ad-hominem ignore the argument/poster.

This poll is a bad poll. You'll get the result you want thanks to framing it as such, but its your board to run the way you see fit.

So you're the bad actor, right? Asking for a friend

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

6. Thread is shit upon

This is so wrong I’m not even going to waste my time responding. Sorry the majority of the board does not feel the way you do about this topic. Keep complaining and I’m sure you’ll convince me and them to your point of view. 

• Like 1

6. Thread is shit upon

You are the Briscoe Cain of your side.