Moderating the moderators

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Giving several hundred dollars to a gas station manager to buy crab seems like a fool-proof plan.

“They’re all outta crab…all they got’s diesel!” /ripfarley

Middle of Nowhere=always the best seafood  

Gas stations=always the best seafood 

Gas stations in the middle of nowhere=Le Bernardin spinoff

(I kid, I kid.  off the beaten path/borderline illegal shit is almost always the best) 

Edited by Lobo

On 3/24/2022 at 2:34 PM, Lobo said:

Middle of Nowhere=always the best seafood  

Gas stations=always the best seafood 

Gas stations in the middle of nowhere=Le Bernardin spinoff

(I kid, I kid.  off the beaten path/borderline illegal shit is almost always the best) 

True story.  I, once, at 2 a.m., purchased and consumed a crawfish meat pie from a Natchitoches gas station.  Still here.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, dcbc said:

True story.  I, once, at 2 a.m., purchased and consumed a storemade crawfish meat pie from a Natchitoches gas station.  Still here.

Your colon or the gas station?  

Ah, I'm all for finding hidden gems on the biways of America.  I've made some great discoveries over the years in terms of culinary delights.  I've also shit myself into passing out on more than one occasion from crap like that.  I dunno.  I once ate a "to-go" container of hatch chile chicken quesadillas with a quart of (I ain't making this up) Laser Malt Liquor at some shitshack near Globe, AZ years ago with two buddies on a road trip.  We went hiking afterwards and I never projectile shat so hard again.  

Ah yes, I could go for some crawfish this season.  We missed out on the last two.  Who's cooking? 

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Your colon or the gas station?  

Ah, I'm all for finding hidden gems on the biways of America.  I've made some great discoveries over the years in terms of culinary delights.  I've also shit myself into passing out on more than one occasion from crap like that.  I dunno.  I once ate a "to-go" container of hatch chile chicken quesadillas with a quart of (I ain't making this up) Laser Malt Liquor at some shitshack near Globe, AZ years ago with two buddies on a road trip.  We went hiking afterwards and I never projectile shat so hard again.  

Ah yes, I could go for some crawfish this season.  We missed out on the last two.  Who's cooking? 

8 minutes ago, Deej said:

Three feet of colon missing, but still here.

Little bit of an explanation.  We'd been at a wedding and were back at the hotel, too drunk to drive anywhere.  It was 2 a.m. and there was a little gas station/convenience store within walking distance.  It was an impulse buy.  We bought two, one more traditional.  I gave the crawfish one the side eye, but inasmuch as it didn't kill me, I guess it made me stronger.

And as for my colon, that thing was moving so fast, it never even touched the side.

Edited by dcbc
  • Haha 1

Oh man, the crap I've ate/drank after wedding 'receptions' could kill a small village.  One of my wife's cousins had us to this "wedding" in North-Central Kansas.  When you check the bridal registry and it includes motor oil, you should probably not expect to be well-fed at the wedding nor get any kind of hosted bar.  It was like the State Fair.  You had to buy tickets (cash only) from some wife of the deacon.  Then with those tickets, you could go buy a beer in another room at the back of the church.  No ATM's in this town of 300 people.  So I was out of cash/tickets after 3 beers for a 6-hour reception in a room that doubled as a sauna (100 degrees, middle of July, they had window units and fans). 

One of her fun cousins and I made off to the lone convenience store halfway through and bought every spinning protein in the glass case by the register and all the beer we could carry.  Had a blast the rest of the night since the "buffet" at the reception was turkey set out before the ceremony so to call it room temperature was being generous.  I "came to" in the motel bathroom holding a box of defiled chicken wings with a few more beers "on ice" in the sink.  But was quite content.  

Edited by Lobo

Not nearly as cool of a reception experience as you describe, but one of my nieces (older, child of one of my much older half-brothers) got married in July in a quaint little un-air-conditioned little 7 million year old Lutheran church in La Grange.  I was sweating like a whor . . . .  Well, I was sweating.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/1/2022 at 6:49 PM, Lobo said:

Oh man, the crap I've ate/drank after wedding 'receptions' could kill a small village.  One of my wife's cousins had us to this "wedding" in North-Central Kansas.  When you check the bridal registry and it includes motor oil, you should probably not expect to be well-fed at the wedding nor get any kind of hosted bar.  It was like the State Fair.  You had to buy tickets (cash only) from some wife of the deacon.  Then with those tickets, you could go buy a beer in another room at the back of the church.  No ATM's in this town of 300 people.  So I was out of cash/tickets after 3 beers for a 6-hour reception in a room that doubled as a sauna (100 degrees, middle of July, they had window units and fans). 

One of her fun cousins and I made off to the lone convenience store halfway through and bought every spinning protein in the glass case by the register and all the beer we could carry.  Had a blast the rest of the night since the "buffet" at the reception was turkey set out before the ceremony so to call it room temperature was being generous.  I "came to" in the motel bathroom holding a box of defiled chicken wings with a few more beers "on ice" in the sink.  But was quite content.  

for real you cum'd in a box of chicken ???

• Haha 4

Just now, CHAD BRISCOE said:

dang that crazy I Never met  somebody who fuck fish 

Then you ain't never been lonely at sea, my friend.  and yeah, Nutella + Arctic Char=Salmonella  

and remember, we gotta keep 'em away from birth control.  Otherwise, they'll find out what sex is.  

Luckily we went the first 299,940 years without having condoms and birth control pills make us have sex.  the species only survived due to lack of marketing and in-school condoms.  The last 60 years have been a total shitshow though, can't believe we made it this far with all the sex talk.

Edited by Lobo

Now why would a chicken take an egg, crack it open, stick his dick in it, and fertilize it?  It doesn't even have the hands to crack the egg man.  Think it through man! 

15 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

d%2B6TA=

look's kinda like the end of a mans colen too you don't want to see that 

I have this friend name Rudy, he was in the Navy in one of those underwater submarines

it was so secret that u never heard about it but tho's submarines had lot's of problems with the filters that Donald Rundsfel bought from china but all the dude's and they also have the one wierd chick. u know like a captain or something who just happen to have no teats and a standard lady haircut. They are everywhere now 

anyways they are also generic to get rickets or whatever so a lot of them come home partially disable and then u can say u got a bungion or something like one other thing that you are flicked to with from a list and you get free license plates for life bro 

oh but the point of the story is that happen to him when he was a-sea 

he develop some kind of sickness to his stomach ones day, they never figure out what it was and the Navy won't give his dad lawer anything to find out what the menu was that day . They are a very secret ship, and very sprecise. they could only craft as little internal ass gas's as possible . But they had two vegetables no starches for lunch so they should have known it would pop out like it did

2 minutes ago, blacklab said:

If you'd like to discuss twitter, how it's run, the election of 2020 and all the associated garbage please go to the CR

Off topic posts on this thread will get some time off. 

If you're going to call it "CR" to ask for specific examples in response to claims to victimization, and then threaten punishment for reasoned and cited disagreement, that's some top-shelf bitchassedness.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

If you're going to call it "CR" to ask for specific examples in response to claims to victimization, and then threaten punishment for reasoned and cited disagreement, that's some top-shelf bitchassedness.

The entire conversation was a sidebar and should have been encapsulated in CR. What’s hard about that? We are having a business discussion around the business details of a very topical and interesting (and entertaining) business story and the CR bickering is annoying and distracting.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Vegas64 said:

The entire conversation was a sidebar and should have been encapsulated in CR. What’s hard about that? We are having a business discussion around the business details of a very topical and interesting (and entertaining) business story and the CR bickering is annoying and distracting.

Those folks don't want have that discussion and won't move it to CR. They'll lob partisan grievances in DT threads, and then cry when it's pointed out that their grievances are purely partisan in nature, and not actually supported by the full context and facts. And pointing this out, as we saw in that thread according to cheeseweasel is "trolling".

After enough posts of not letting a bad point stand, @blacklab comes through and deletes everything and leaves a threatening post saying "CR BAD!", only perpetuating the mindset of CR being nothing but shitslinging.

But keep in mind, if nobody had challenged the narrative of "twitter is censoring conservatives!" then no action would have been taken, and that would be the framing for the thread moving forward. Because as we just saw, you're not allowed to challenge a flawed framing, otherwise @blacklab will give you a timeout.

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Why don't you go start your own forum.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Those folks don't want have that discussion and won't move it to CR. They'll lob partisan grievances in DT threads, and then cry when it's pointed out that their grievances are purely partisan in nature, and not actually supported by the full context and facts. And pointing this out, as we saw in that thread according to cheeseweasel is "trolling".

After enough posts of not letting a bad point stand, @blacklab comes through and deletes everything and leaves a threatening post saying "CR BAD!", only perpetuating the mindset of CR being nothing but shitslinging.

But keep in mind, if nobody had challenged the narrative of "twitter is censoring conservatives!" then no action would have been taken, and that would be the framing for the thread moving forward. Because as we just saw, you're not allowed to challenge a flawed framing, otherwise @blacklab will give you a timeout.

At that point, when someone first lobbed the partisanship stuff, that should have forked to the CR. Nobody cares in the Elon business thread. In fact, briskettexan and Cajun started the derailment and they are probably to blame. Time them out, if anyone.

30 minutes ago, blacklab said:

So you’re saying I should delete a political post, but not a response to a political post that asks for political examples, further taking the thread off topic?

I do think your MO of being absent until there's a disagreement and then just deleting posts/threads rather than moving them to a different thread is bad for discourse on the site, yeah. It results in threads that have political talking points and bias being treated as "factual news and current events" and reasoned, cited disagreement in the DT thread is labeled as "trolling". Until of course you come along and delete it all and threaten more time outs if anyone engages with the actual facts and not simply agreeing with how things feel.

Hell, things started getting wobbly around page 12/13 with classic grievances of "big tech controlling free speech" and variations of it. Where's the line? Are we not allowed to ask for more specific examples of "controlling free speech" and then challenging their continued assertions without evidence? 

When I asked for more specifics, I got a political answer from posters who CONSTANTLY complain about the CR, almost as much as you do. I guess the rule is to let something incorrect stand, because I'm not allowed to disagree with their factually incorrect and unsupported assertion?

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 1