Tell me about the Go-go

Tex Long

On 3/28/2022 at 9:13 AM, Zeus said:

Can't believe this wasn't posted yet?

I found it a few days after posting this title, when it seemed that puerile surly was the only response to be seen. I didn't post it myself simply because I wanted to see how much nonsense would proceed before someone might actually respond in something allroaching a serious manner.

After digging into Marion's history a bit more, I have come to think that his overall approach to football offense ihas been growing. The GoGo label applies to the formation, but also to the whole offense. His stated goal is to be able to run both Spread and Triple Option plays from a variety of formations, not just from the oddball 2-RB sets, but shifting and motioning into more traditional formations... and with a healthy dose of tempo when Defenses can be caught with personnel mismatches. It will be interesting to see how well this can be melded with Sark's preferences, particularly with QB runs which he apparently is pretty much against.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/26/2022 at 1:41 PM, bejezuz said:

Yeah, unless we run it out of the Wildcat.  I could see some trick go-go plays or a go-go package with Roshon as a Wildcat QB.  

We should’ve been doing that last season. Never understood why we never tried any double passes or Wildcat pass plays with RoJo