4-Day School Weeks in Texas Panhandle

Nicole44

5 minutes ago, slorch said:

Skipping days of high school didnā€™t do jack shit brother.There was Ā So much fucking wasted time itā€™s not even funny.

Ā 

I'm sure it didn't.Ā 

But this isn't about you my friend. Ā Not really. Ā It's about this place and blowing a prime chance to make a superficial one-liner.Ā 

I mean, if we're not executing on this level, what are we even doing here? Ā 

The next thing you know, no one will be asking for nudz of random women when one is casually mentioned.

This place is going to the birds I tellz ya. Ā The birds!

Ā 

old-man-yells-at-cloud-yelling.gif

On 7/27/2022 at 9:41 AM, Patricio Swayze said:

You are goddamn right. 5 day work week is some bullshit. I just switched from a 9/80 to a 5 day work week. Damn mistake. Just kill me.

Switched from 12hr compressed shifts to 8 hr M-F, love being off on Sunday(wife still works compressed and Sundays) for NFL season but do miss having those 3 & 4 days off. Ā 

On 7/27/2022 at 9:42 AM, slorch said:

I was on the 4 day school week over 30 years ago... until they figured out my mother was NOT the one writing my doctor's notes.

Gawd I hated school once football season was over.

Epstein?Ā 

• 8 months later...

Fucking lulz. Pay teachers absolute crap. Micro manage what they can teach. Ban their books. Can't hire teachers for shit. Don't use federally provided education money. Throw Robinhood money into the general fund and not spend it on Education.

But keeping the 5 day school week will resolve everything.Ā 

Yes I imagine the 4 day work school adds extra burdens to families but some families may want it. Teachers may want it. Why can't these assholes leave it to the ISDs to decide?

Ā 

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/politics/texas-legislature/texas-senate-removing-4-day-school-week/269-31659bb5-922d-4c39-ac55-6d49807dc375

Now in the Senate, State Sen.Ā Donna CampbellĀ (R-New Braunfels) has put forthĀ Senate Bill 2368, which would revoke 4-day school weeks and mandate 5-day weeks. Campbell's reasoning behind the bill is that a shorter week can have negative impacts on both students and families, as families have to find child care during the one day off.

Additionally, Campbell said in the bill that "students cannot afford to lose any more precious hours of instructional time" following the reading and math score gaps created during the COVID-19 pandemic.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

26 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Fucking lulz. Pay teachers absolute crap. Micro manage what they can teach. Ban their books. Can't hire teachers for shit. Don't use federally provided education money. Throw Robinhood money into the general fund and not spend it on Education.

But keeping the 5 day school week will resolve everything.Ā 

Yes I imagine the 4 day work school adds extra burdens to families but some families may want it. Teachers may want it. Why can't these assholes leave it to the ISDs to decide?

At least here, before they switched a couple of years ago, they surveyed parents and it was nearly unanimous in favor of 4 day weeks. So much so that the neighboring town moved to 4 days because they were losing students.

And the ā€œlosing precious hours of instructional timeā€ is just false. The whole reason they are able to do this is because the school year is mandated in hours of time rather than days.

• Hook 'Em 2