Sell...me...an...ACL...chair!

My favorite old Magellan folding chairs are feeling the pain of years of ACL, ROT, the beach, the lake, yo momma. It’s time to get a new pair of folding camp/canvas/portable chairs.

I don’t give a shit about cooler pockets, probably don’t need a foot rest, I already have clip-on Longhorn umbrellas (yes I’m a Poke, I married a 2x Horn), etc.

My feature requirements:

* Durability

* Not too heavy to drag 1+ miles into Zilker

* Tall enough to lay back in to nap

* Approximately 250lbs to support your mom and I

* No faggy Aggy logos.

Thoughts? I’ve seen the King Kong and a few other higher end brands but don’t trust the Hugo Bot reviews. I prefer real feedback from Surly Shitheads. Mesh Back preferred but not necessary. Bonus points for features that help me smuggle in Tito’s to ACL (like a removable padded head rest I can wrap around the booze).

I got one of these zero gravity chairs as a gift a few years ago and really like it. Slightly heavier than a chair like the one above, but still light enough to tote around and very comfortable. About $40.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTdf6DT9J3QXeumOxk_

• Like 1

My Magellan sits out on the patio year round and so it's weathered all to hell but it is holding up well for as old as it is. I did notice a week or so ago that the fabric was starting to tear slightly at the tip of one of the arms and I know how those things go, once they start it's just a matter of time.

That said, I like the looks of that Zero Gravity chair, I might consider one for my next folding chair purchase which is surely not too far off in the future.

• Like 1

I got one of these zero gravity chairs as a gift a few years ago and really like it. Slightly heavier than a chair like the one above, but still light enough to tote around and very comfortable. About $40.
shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTdf6DT9J3QXeumOxk_lwlhES_JrTUa9F2j4v2KhWjnkeG9DaB22-4LurYoMY&usqp=CAE

Would you haul it around to a music festival? Those make me nervous just thinking about portability.

12 hours ago, BottleRocket said:

I like my Colman Oversized Quad Chair that is available from Amazon for around $30. Sturdy and straightforward like your mom.

I've got one of those as an extra, it never gets used. I'm a hair under 6' and it swallows me. Probably would be great for a large/tall person. I could be talking chairs, I could be talking moms.