Political Cartoons - The Politics Thread.

ROFL BOX

2 minutes ago, brakeman said:

image.thumb.png.1584469aaf660abe4b4529dd3e3a1908.png

The Bible was upside down when he held it up in real life….

Obvious miss on the cartoon, but otherwise spot on.

The amnesia of this country is truly something to almost admire. Admiration in the same way you admire that squirrel that can water ski.

Asking people if they are better off now then they were 4 years ago is the icing on the cake of shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

Note how Fascism and Fanatical Religion are ignored as threats for impending apocalypse in these two toons.

-- When, in reality, those are the TWO BIGGEST HORSEMEN of the Apocalypse. (After I wrote this, I saw the Jesus cartoon above, but my point still stands)

Happens all across our culture. All over Surly. Been happening for decades.

-- That's why Margaret Atwood wrote The Handmaid's Tale in the 1980s after seeing Reagan and Falwell take over the GOP.

Though I can see "fascism" and "theocracy" are appearing more in Surly and in some mainstream media, the bottom line is those terms are too scary or are in willful denial by the media and our nation's leaders, corporate execs, university leaders, and even Democrats. "Fascism" and "theocracy" should be in the headlines every day when discussing MAGA, GQP, Trump, Bannon, Christian Nationalism, etc.

How can we defeat what we fail to fully identify?

4Apoc.png

Threats.png

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, BevoAbyss said:

How can we defeat what we fail to fully identify?

We need to convince the 1/3 of the populace that has crawled from the swamp to suddenly participate in democracy to crawl back - it's actually better for them that they do. the good news is their own party is doing a pretty damn good of doing that on their own. the religious right was only emboldened because their rhetoric intertwined for a bit with the swamp people, so they had a larger voice than their individual camps would have otherwise. get THAT swamp refilled and it severely weakens the influence of the religious nutters.

eta: and a lot of us more than fully identify the threat in front of us. the good news is there are more people who want to prevent the apocalypse than want to instigate it - for now.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 1