M3GAN is in your house, now on Peacock

Vito Andolini

Kinda surprised there was never a thread since the movie made a decent splash last fall and is at 93% on Rotten Tomatoes. A sequel has been greenlit.

It’s now streaming on Peacock and we watched it last night. An easy watch, about an hour and a half long. Funnier than scary, which is ok.  At times the shrieking human girl was more frightening than the toy. ScarJo should sue for them co-opting her likeness. Colin Jost was probably weirded out. 

I’m not sure I was surprised by anything in the movie, I was forecasting scene outcomes left and right (I admit I must be a shitty person with which to watch a film), and such predictability should be death for a horror film, but it didn’t matter, since it’s mindless, low stakes fun. An animatronic thumbs up.

We really enjoyed it. Just stupid fun. Yes, you knew what was going to happen but it was still pretty great. Creepy dolls are a fun staple of the horror genre. I also enjoyed the satire on modern day parenting and using AI. The damn dancing in the hallway is what got us hooked in to go see it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• blacklab changed the title to M3GAN is in your house, now on Peacock