WTF is wrong with you, Android Auto?!

Got a new pickup, and it's time to try Android Auto.  Maybe it doesn't suck anymore...

Still sucks.  Phone and pickup both say they're connected, but I can't access contacts when I do a voice search. 

Is there ANY way to just mirror my phone screen on the pickup?  Baffles me why those idiots can't figure this out.

Got a new pickup, and it's time to try Android Auto.  Maybe it doesn't suck anymore...
Still sucks.  Phone and pickup both say they're connected, but I can't access contacts when I do a voice search. 
Is there ANY way to just mirror my phone screen on the pickup?  Baffles me why those idiots can't figure this out.
Sounds like a permission issue. It also sounds like, based on the tone of your post, that you didn't read any of the permission requests your phone made the first time you plugged it in to the new truck.
  • Hook 'Em 1

What kind of pickup truck?  For my chevy / samsung combination, had to set the truck as a 'trusted device'.  That seemed to fix things.  You may have to start over/ reset/ reinstall everything.

Chevy still doesn't always play nice w/ the phone, as they want you to purchase their monthly $25 data plan.  But, there's ways around that to use your phone data plan (wrote a little script that automatically turns on phone hotspot when i get into the vehicle/ then the vehicle connects to the phone wifi).

5 hours ago, LosIllini said:

Chevy still doesn't always play nice w/ the phone, as they want you to purchase their monthly $25 data plan.  

Chevy also intends to fully drop AA/CP support in 2024-2025, so they have zero incentive to implement it well/fix bugs now. They think the market is going to think that their own in-house infotainment is better. This plan is going to fail miserably for them.

Fwiw- you will probably have to setup your phone as a hotspot, and have the mychevy app/ truck connect to your phone wifi to get things to work properly.  I may have even had to plug into the usb port the first time I setup.  Just remember it was a pita, but, has been solid since it started working. 

I also connected the truck to my home wifi to update the truck android software- lot quicker/ more stable than using the phone wifi.