Arsenal FC 2023-24: Passion, Energy, Clarity

shadow_operative

This is our strongest side at the moment. Feels like the season hinges on this. A result boosts morale and then who knows.  Lay a turd, and, well...   I'm a bag of nerves, but still, but always...

LFG, Gunners. LFG

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Squad is still too thin. Too many “squad players” who can’t be trusted to win a match when a first XI player is rested. Resulting yet another overcooked first XI. Which results in yet another April swoon. 

Edited by Dutch

4 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Watching these last 3 matches.

destroy-rage.gif

Unless we swing through Dubai on the way back to London, I’m afraid we may have similar reactions next week (Wolves, Chelsea, s*it). 

spacer.png

This is the final hurdle Arteta needs to master: balancing rotation to keep your studs reasonably fresh for the home stretch. Saw some stat that City and Liverpool have one player who has played more than 28 PL matches; we have six.

• Hook 'Em 1

I just saw something similar about city’s squad ‘mileage’.   I felt like we really did boost our depth this year, but still had so many injuries like Timber.  Imagine if we’d had him against Bayern. We obviously need even more depth.  Arteta also seems to be reluctant to use most of our bench.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Ted Lange said:

Feels like it’s been a month since getting the ball to Saka out wide lead to anything even remotely goal dangerous 

Opponents seem to have gameplanned how to slow him down (in addition to kicking the shit out of his legs), in addition to fatigue seemingly once again has catching up with him. 

Arteta & Edu must find someone this summer they trust to play RW to spell him every now and then. 

16 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

People acting like this was a dreadful performance.   It wasn’t great,  but hardly below average either.   If this match happened 12 days ago people would’ve been perfectly content with it.

image.thumb.png.c660254c46f723c5c70be57a641b5ad4.png

Yup. We didn’t give them much. Convert a few of our good chances and this is a 4-nil cakewalk. 

• Like 1