Arsenal FC 2023-24: Passion, Energy, Clarity

shadow_operative

IMG_3572.thumb.jpeg.6bbf65d662f03a363ba85ef187847600.jpeg

2023 saw a bunch of amazing signings, a ton of progress with the squad, a league a reason where we boat raced every team in the league that doesn't have a £500m bench. we're back in the champions league, we've got the kroenke's winning titles left and right and injecting the club with financial support, and now it's Arsenal's turn to bring home the hardware. less than 2.5 months before the new EPL season, let's go! COYG!! 🔴

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

a league a reason where we boat raced every team in the league that doesn't have a £500m bench.

That's not true. Chelsea has a £500m bench.

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

Can't Arsenal just show him Chelsea highlights from last year to demonstrate how effectively he will be used?  Oh wait, there were no Chelsea highlights.  Have him talk to Mudryk about how nice it is to play for a team that is willing to overpay. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yup; there's no one out there with his skillset that we wouldn't have to drastically overpay for (<£100m) and then put that player on top tier wages. Our collapse and goals-against after he went out give him and his agents a very compelling case in any negotiation with the club.  It will cost us much less in the long run to just "pay him, pay that man his money." 

Saliba is from a suburb of Paris and his youth coach was Mbappe's father.  PSG's interest him, and vice versa, makes sense. If the season starts and he's still unsigned or unwilling to sign, then we have a real problem: risk him leaving on a free, or selling one of our two most vital players. 

Edited by Dutch

21 hours ago, Dutch said:

Why are we fucking around on this? Hope someone else doesn't meet WH's valuation and we find out.

Pay it and get it done.

I can only assume they are leaving room to counter the inevitable sniping shit that is going to come from one or more clubs with unlimited resources.  The good news for Arsenal in this window is the ability to offer CL.  That will at least make Chelsea less of a threat.  Unfortunately, City can offer everything we can and more.  Greedy fucks. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, idigTexas said:

Unfortunately, City can offer everything we can and more.  Greedy fucks. 

And an unlimited transfer budget.  The longer we go without a Romano "Rice to Arsenal AND HERE WE GO" tweet, the more worried I get City will swoop in and make us "find out." Supposedly West Ham are facing some FFP issues and want the cash upfront; we offered installments over 6yrs, whereas a certain club bankrolled by a petrostate probably have told West Ham they'd have no issues cutting a 100m+ check. Motherfuckers.

If we've really built our entire transfer window around Rice, then fucking pay the price. Grealish went for £100m two years ago when he was age 25, club captain who performed at a high level in the PL, and was established in the England side. Rice is all of those and a year younger at 24. The price of the brick is the price of the brick.

We need to get this done.

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

this is the video that sold me on havertz. seems kind of like an Ozil to me, in that he isn't just a square peg that you can plug and play, but rather a brilliantly talented attacking player who in the right environment can be world class. that doesn't mean he'll automatically thrive here, but the way they lay it out in this video i can really see him fitting in well with this team, and making us even more dangerous in attack. and the fa t that he's 6'2" and score from headers alone is a huge plus for me. i'm excited. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 6/15/2023 at 9:39 AM, Dutch said:

Why are we fucking around on this? Hope someone else doesn't meet WH's valuation and we find out.

Pay it and get it done.

On 6/16/2023 at 7:35 AM, idigTexas said:

Unfortunately, City can offer everything we can and more.  Greedy fucks. 

On 6/16/2023 at 12:31 PM, Dutch said:

And an unlimited transfer budget.  The longer we go without a Romano "Rice to Arsenal AND HERE WE GO" tweet, the more worried I get City will swoop in and make us "find out." Supposedly West Ham are facing some FFP issues and want the cash upfront; we offered installments over 6yrs, whereas a certain club bankrolled by a petrostate probably have told West Ham they'd have no issues cutting a 100m+ check. Motherfuckers.

If we've really built our entire transfer window around Rice, then fucking pay the price. Grealish went for £100m two years ago when he was age 25, club captain who performed at a high level in the PL, and was established in the England side. Rice is all of those and a year younger at 24. The price of the brick is the price of the brick.

We need to get this done.

We fucked around with the Rice deal. Now comes the finding out. Fucking hell.

Of course he's open to joining the club that just won the Treble.  Price of the brick just probably went to the £110-120m range, and personal terms (if they were agreed) went up too. I'd be surprised if we pay that.  

Edited by Dutch

Yeah.  We made our offer.  If the market demands more than we want to pay, then we'll spend it on someone else...maybe whomever Rice ends up replacing at MC.  It's discouraging to miss out on players we want, but it is very encouraging that we have shown an ability to move on and find really good, if not better, alternatives.