Arsenal FC 2023-24: Passion, Energy, Clarity

shadow_operative

one of the two or three most fundamental issues keeping us from becoming a real challenger for big trophies was the fact that all of our best signings were guys who were at their peak value, aka guys we would never make a profit off of. alexis, ozil, auba, etc. that was life before arteta. here is life with arteta:

IMG_7177.thumb.jpeg.427cf538b29e83d98f503a02f5ab1801.jpeg

i've said it before, many times in fact- what this club is doing, and the way that i feel about all of this, reminds me exactly of how i felt when the cubs brought in theo, maddon, lester, heyward, zobrist, aroldis, etc. you could see that the club had a vision, and that the vision would take years to come to fruition, all the while being able to see that the plan is a good plan, and that health willing, this team will be a contender. bottom line, we are doing this the right way, and the club has put itself in a position to compete for every major trophy possible for years to come. o am so excited about the future (and present!) of this club. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 7/15/2023 at 5:09 PM, Ted Lange said:

If Rice went for 105m, I'd think Brighton will try and get something similar (though part of Rice's fee was the "England tax"). Hard to see us getting Caicedo.

I also think we'd want to add another MF if Partey leaves, whether it's Lavia or one of Arteta and Edu's under the radar signings.  Especially with Champions League football next year, we need depth.

On 7/17/2023 at 11:10 AM, Dutch said:

If Rice went for 105m, I'd think Brighton will try and get something similar (though part of Rice's fee was the "England tax"). Hard to see us getting Caicedo.

I also think we'd want to add another MF if Partey leaves, whether it's Lavia or one of Arteta and Edu's under the radar signings.  Especially with Champions League football next year, we need depth.

Yeah, Chelsea keeps trying to low-ball their offer for Caicedo, but so far, Brighton is holding firm.  

I’d like to see us hang on to Balogun; he may not want to stay for a platoon role, but I think he can have a real impact. 

Timber… his class is evident. Gonna be a great addition. 

Good to see Saliba and Tomi back. 

Havertz, Øde, and Rice… that MF is going to fucking COOK. 

Edited by Dutch

2 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Ramsdale shoulda had both of those 

Yup. 

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

Suck. But whatever it’s preseason.

Yes I’m looking for silver linings, but this will give Arteta plenty of ammunition to lay into the lads. We were well below level. 

Wenger's statue outside the Emirates. The trophy should have been golden, but other than that... no complaints.  Classy and very well done on the part of the club. 

Yes, he stayed too long, and yes he probably should have left on a high note after lifting the FA Cup for a record seventh time, but Wenger's influence on the club is immense. After all... the Emirates literally is The House Arsène Built.

spacer.png

• Like 3

Wait What Instinct GIF by CBS

Didn’t see us in for a GK this summer. Maybe trying to light a fire under Ramsdale? An upgrade on Turner? 

Would be a positive from an MNT perspective, as Turner needs playing time and would be the No 1 at Forest. 

Edited by Dutch