Arsenal FC 2023-24: Passion, Energy, Clarity

shadow_operative

The whole Raya experiment seems odd.  You lock up Ramsdale to an extension then bring in someone to displace him in the next window on loan?

Arteta said "form plays," and then he as to play Ramsdale against City, right? That goof from Raya was far worse than any Ramsdale made so far this season.

3 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

How bad is Saka? Drowning in work couldn’t see the match.

I’ve seen reports from “it’s not too serious” to “it doesn’t look good.” I’d be surprised if Arteta said anything one way or the other; make City have to do some extra prep. 

2 hours ago, The Maestro said:

We’re gonna have to figure out how to break down teams that set up defensively like that.  Or maybe not concede a lead with a mistake 

100%. Much of our possession was sterile. Also… for all Zinchenko brings to our attack (and he brings a lot), he can be a liability defensively. I see why Arteta wanted Timber, and what an impact he will have. Sadly not till next year. 

I also think part of the disjointedness is due to not having Partey and Martinelli available. 

Maybe we were looking past them to City. Maybe sitting on a runway for 5 hours sapped the lads. Maybe both. Hopefully.  Because City rip us to shreds if we roll that effort out on Sunday. 

Edited by Dutch

No Saka worries me. Jorg really worries me. Martinelli on the bench enhopens me. 

No Rodri or KDB in their side. This might be our best chance v them in a while. I’m a bag of nerves  

Lets. Fucking. Go. 

1 minute ago, Ted Lange said:

NGL

bad-feeling-han-solo.gif

Hold On GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Fuck Michael Oliver that sack of fuck 

Yep.  Raya playing like a guy trying to save his job not win it now. 

If Raya starts the next match, it’s because he’s sucking Arteta’s dick. That’s nearly three he’s given them. 

2 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

It’s like Arsenal are playing 2 left backs Trossard is so far back.   WTF 

He’s covering for Zinchenko, who’s inverting heavily. 

Crowd are silent. Come on, Gooners. 

If I’m honest, we’re lucky to be level. Raya nearly gave away two, Rice headed one off the line, and we had no good looks at goal. They’re very, VERY lucky not to be down to 10. That was a red and a half followed by a clear yellow.

I’d expect we’ll see Partey for Jorg (who has been solid but on a yellow) and Martinelli (if he’s ready) or ESR for Trossard.

We’ll need to step up a few levels, because they will

2 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Oliver waved that second foul off so fast. Makes me think he couldn’t really see it. Maddening.

I think it was a direct result of the refereeing shitshow at s^it last week. A 50/50 yellow VAR upgraded to a red, followed by Jota getting two iffy yellows in a short span. They didn’t want to directly impact the match as much. 

But still…. Two clear yellows = a red. And Oliver had best be consistent

Edited by Dutch