Arsenal FC 2023-24: Passion, Energy, Clarity

shadow_operative

Trossard is such a baller; what an acquisition.  It’s technically an own goal, but he made it happen. 

Yes, it’s a glorified friendly (one with a piece if silverware, though). No, we don’t start the season on 3 points.  But this is our first win over City in a LONG time. We’ll see in the PL fixtures, but hopefully this puts a crack in the aura of invincibility they’ve had over us.  As @The Maestro noted, good for Vieira. We’ll definitely need him. And good on Ramsdale saving a penalty. 

LFG, boys. Lets. Fucking. Go. 

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ted Lange said:

Partey was fantastic again, thank god they didn’t sell him.   He is a must start along with Odegard.  I assume Rice will be the third MFer.  Kai can be a super sub, but I’d put him behind Trosard at this point. 

Yup. I have no doubt Arteta will get the best out of Havertz, and he’ll be an important player this year. His height allows something we don’t have. But on form the side works so damn well with Trossard in the false 9, dare I say it better than when Jesus is upfront.

Agree on Partey; he and Rice are going to be a damn good pairing in MF. 

It's so refreshing having a management team that is capable of acquiring talent that compliments the team vision.  We aren't just buying talent.  We are buying talent that is capable of excelling in our system while making the players we already have even better.  

I do not miss the days of stockpiling players who never came close to reaching their potential.  

• Hook 'Em 1

The kick was supposed to be 630Am.  Got pushed back 30 minutes due to ticketing issues.   Arsenal implemented a new paperless system that went to shit. 

Just now, Dutch said:

Well that didn’t look good for Timber…hopefully not serious. 

Fuck.   He has been amazing signing too.

4 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Havertz has no pace with the ball. Just so lackadaisical. It’s like he plays for Austin with how he allows the defense to find its shape before he moves forward.

Thought the same. Never pressing, always strolling. Trossard adds much more.

That got far more stressful at the end that it should have, but it’s all three points, and Arteta will have plenty to praise and harp about. And let’s pray Timber isn’t hurt too seriously. It looked bad.

We still need find that mentality to snap the neck ala City and kill off a game. 

23 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Man thank our lucky stars that idiot Boehly swooped in last minute and stole Mudryk from Arsenal.   He is the white Pepe but less technical LOL.   Ukrainian Brek Shea.  And he’s signed for 7 years.    

“Unanswered Prayers” for sure.

I have no doubt Bohley saw us recruiting him and said "Wait... Arsenal are leading the league with a slew of great young players.  This kid must be the next great one! Let's overpay by 3x then seal it by offering the kid an eight-year contract!!!"

Getting thrown into that mess of a Chelsea side is doing him no favors, especially with the pressure to live up to his £100m fee.   There's probably a good player in there, and he may turn into one in a few years after Chelsea give up and sell him on, but he was a ~£25-30m project with upside; not a £100m player.  

Trossard was and is exactly want we need.  He'd be value at £50m.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Zinny, Kiwior, and Gabi XL as the defenders on the bench; no Tierney again.  Either Gabi XL is nursing an injury, or Arteta is dead-set on getting Partey, Rice, Havaretz, and Ode on the pitch at the same time.

Still... Lets. Fucking. Go (play way better than we'll look in that gawd-awful kit).