Arsenal FC 2023-24: Passion, Energy, Clarity

shadow_operative

i don't give a shit if he goes to city. in arteta and edu i trust. name the last time some big club swooped in last second to "nick" arsenal for a transfer target where it hasn't worked out awesomely for us. hasn't happened under arteta. in fact every time it's happened we've benefitted greatly. what will be will be. i trust this club, the manager, and the owners. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i don't give a shit if he goes to city. in arteta and edu i trust. name the last time some big club swooped in last second to "nick" arsenal for a transfer target where it hasn't worked out awesomely for us. hasn't happened under arteta. in fact every time it's happened we've benefitted greatly. what will be will be. i trust this club, the manager, and the owners. 

I completely agree.  It took me a little while to warm to Arteta because things got worse before they started getting better, but I trust him and Edu completely.  The difference between missing out on primary targets now versus the past is that we move on to other primary targets instead of settling for players that don't make us better.  

11 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

at this point i want to see west ham get relegated just about as much as i want for us to sign declan rice.

100%.

If they accept City’s next offer, I would also love to see us hijack every one of their replacement targets. 

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 1

Word is City has dropped out of bidding on Rice after the £105M offer.

A conspiracy theory is that Arteta asked Pep to bid just so it’d light a fire under his board to get this done so he did it as a favor to his buddy. That would be one explanation why City put in a bid for a player they don’t need for any reason other than hoarding the best players on the bench.

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Word is City has dropped out of bidding on Rice after the £105M offer.

A conspiracy theory is that Arteta asked Pep to bid just so it’d light a fire under his board to get this done so he did it as a favor to his buddy. That would be one explanation why City put in a bid for a player they don’t need for any reason other than hoarding the best players on the bench.

Any more then 105m and we should have dropped out. Payment schedule should be on our terms now, too. 

Edited by Dutch

Apparently, Reiss’ contract expired @ midnight on the 1st, and he could have left on a free because the new deal wasn’t signed. But he didn’t. Another Hale End lad staying home. 

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 2

One thing that I am really enjoying about this version of Arsenal is that players truly want to be on the club, and ownership is willing to pay to acquire and keep them.  No watching our best players leave for other top clubs.  No overpaying for scrubs and giving away actual talent because we are desperate.  It's been a while since we had a clear vision of the club we wanted to build and a viable means to make it happen.  

I don't know if this will lead to any trophies, but we should at least compete for years to come.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, idigTexas said:

One thing that I am really enjoying about this version of Arsenal is that players truly want to be on the club, and ownership is willing to pay to acquire and keep them.  No watching our best players leave for other top clubs.  No overpaying for scrubs and giving away actual talent because we are desperate.  It's been a while since we had a clear vision of the club we wanted to build and a viable means to make it happen.  

I don't know if this will lead to any trophies, but we should at least compete for years to come.  

1000%

The relationship got a bit rocky at times but finished with a nice redemption arc. Also, he loved scoring goals vs Utd and kicking the shit out of sh*t.

One of Us.

Xhaka's farewell post on insta:

"some journey - and all that's left is for me to say thank you.

I've spent seven years at Arsenal. The club has become such an important part of my life - and it's not easy to leave. But now is the right time for a new adventure.

There are so many people I need to thank - the managers I played for, all my team-mates and the staff behind the scenes.

And I especially want to thank all of you. Everyone knows we've been through some tough times. But we came through them together - and I'll never ever forget the feeling I had each time we won the FA Cup or whenever I heard you singing my name. Pure goosebumps!

I will always carry Arsenal in my heart. Once a Gunner, always a Gunner.

Thank you ❤️"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CuXRYhFKvvc/?igshid=NjIwNzIyMDk2Mg%3D%3D

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

says he's moving to be closer to family. feels like a big loss. hopefully his successor is a boy genius wundeekind like arteta. 

Born in Manchester and apparently was moving to Liverpool in 2020 before Mik convinced him to stay, so he's clearly been wanting to move closer to home for a while now.  Seems like a loss, though.