2023 Longhorns deserve respect

jimmyjazz

I know there's gonna be all kinds of bullshit about the way that game played out, but that's a team that fought hard and honestly had no business being there.  Beyond that, if you can't see the ball, you can't catch the ball.

I'm shocked.  I don't know that I've ever seen such a thing.  It's not Buckner, it's just physics and optics and bad juju.

Hook'em horns.

Furk.

• Hook 'Em 9

…….but that's a team that fought hard and honestly had no business being there.

The first part of that statement is the absolute truth.

That second part is bullshit. I get that it’s an attempt to lift them up on a job well done as a compliment, but it’s disrespect to their abilities as baseball players. Toughest draw to get to the CWS. Breezed thru the regional and took it to the last swing in the supers against dudes that know what it’s like to play at the CWS.

This team earned everything they got. They didn’t win 40+ by getting all the bounces, all the calls, all the breaks. We’ve got a lot of solid players. A lot that have had great moments. And some great performances. Because they have the talent and skill that we’re somehow reluctant to give them credit for having.

This team absolutely had every right and reason to be here. Not a damn thing was given to them. There are teams that we could beat at the CWS and some that we could give hell.
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Had Enough said:

That second part is bullshit. I get that it’s an attempt to lift them up on a job well done as a compliment, but it’s disrespect to their abilities as baseball players. Toughest draw to get to the CWS. Breezed thru the regional and took it to the last swing in the supers against dudes that know what it’s like to play at the CWS.

This team earned everything they got. They didn’t win 40+ by getting all the bounces, all the calls, all the breaks. We’ve got a lot of solid players. A lot that have had great moments. And some great performances. Because they have the talent and skill that we’re somehow reluctant to give them credit for having.

This team absolutely had every right and reason to be here. Not a damn thing was given to them. There are teams that we could beat at the CWS and some that we could give hell.

this.  I was down on them due to bullpen and lack of clutch hitting but when the rotation shortened we had the guys to compete with most of the field. Morehouse was nails which helped immensely.  Our hitting was spotty but clutch enough.  We got no breaks with the draw and travel and it still took a fluke play to keep us from advancing to Omaha.  

12 hours ago, Had Enough said:

That second part is bullshit. I get that it’s an attempt to lift them up on a job well done as a compliment, but it’s disrespect to their abilities as baseball players.

I might have worded it poorly -- it was late, I was pissed, disappointed, and well, pissed in the liquid sense -- but what I was trying to say was that this team was judged to be absolutely pedestrian (by Texas standards) prior to the season.  Maybe I should have just said they "overachieved".

Regardless, much like with the men's basketball team, this was one of my favorite Texas baseball teams in a long time.  What a shitty way to end the season.