104.9 The Horn going off air end of month ???

There are rumblings on Reddit that Ketch  has been anounceing The Horn will shutter at the end of the month.

this is of course off Reddit, but if true would suck.  No Austin based sports radio???  
anyone else hear anything???

Just now, TexasTroll said:

There are rumblings on Reddit that Ketch  has been anounceing The Horn will shutter at the end of the month.

this is of course off Reddit, but if true would suck.  No Austin based sports radio???  

It's in the 9.95 thread where it belongs.

Just now, TexasTroll said:

Was listening today and heard Jeff Howe on some sort of tangent where he was talking around it.  This was my assumption after hearing what he said.

I don’t even really care. We haven’t had a decent sports talk radio station for pretty much forever. That’s the biggest problem. E Hogan is the only guy I think is halfway good and he spends all his time trying to redirect a senile and rudderless Bucky. Craig’s a great play by play guy but he’s boring as fuck on the radio. Rod is ok as a sidekick but outside of his statistical analysis he’s not entertaining. Aggy Chad and Zay are terrible. Harge only has a job because he was friends with with that sanctimonious dude that died young on the other station (can’t think of his name).

They should have paired Hogan and Brad Kelner when they had the chance to create an anchor program in the morning or afternoons and then gone regionally for talent. They also should never have done that flex high school sports nonsense no one gives a fuck about. They just don’t produce any quality content. But I also think they can’t afford to pay anyone to bring them to town so we are stuck with these spare ass hosts.