Full Circle

On 7/21/2023 at 1:05 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

On Max. Excellent Soderbergh mini-series.

Zazie Beetz and Olyphant kill, as to be expected. 

Terrific 4 hour binge watch. 

according to imdb, there are 6 episodes, and the last two come out in a couple of days.  sometimes shows screw up and they're all avail, so not sure if that's what happened or if you watched 4/6. 

either way, congrats to zazie beetz.  it's a real accomplishment to be the most annoying character in a tv show cast that also includes claire danes.  brava.

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

according to imdb, there are 6 episodes, and the last two come out in a couple of days.  sometimes shows screw up and they're all avail, so not sure if that's what happened or if you watched 4/6. 

either way, congrats to zazie beetz.  it's a real accomplishment to be the most annoying character in a tv show cast that also includes claire danes.  brava.

I always thought she was an interesting actress going back to her big break on Atlanta, but yeah this is kind of what she does.

Yeah I figured out there were 6 episodes after I watched the 4th episode. I think Wiki briefly had it wrong. 

I’m into it. Good show. Much better than his last film No Sudden Move. 

I'll spoiler even though finale was 2 weeks old....

Spoiler

I liked the show, but the original grift didn't make sense to me?  Why was a 22 year Sam and her dad sending money to Guyana?  Just an investment?  It was weird. All of the other stuff connected, but I just don't understand what Sam and her dad were getting out of sending money to Guyana - -they were bribing CCH Pounder's dead husband to do what exactly?

• 4 weeks later...

I watched all of it this week unexpectedly. I say unexpectedly because the trailer didn't really grab me but I decided to watch 1 episode and move on if not interested after that. Damn, this was much better than I expected based on the trailer- nice surprise.

Edited by KaiserSoze