Insurance / Personal Injury Consultation

Are there any lawyers on this board? 

But seriously though, yesterday my daughter was hit by a police vehicle that was passing a line of traffic on a 2-lane highway without his siren activated as she turned left into the driveway of the beach house we rented for the weekend. So 2 things needed

1. Possible assistance if they try to pull some bullshit claiming it was her fault. I actually have contact information for a police officer from a different jurisdiction who straight out told me it was the officer's fault and said he can confirm the officer's siren was not on. I saw it happen from about 150 yards away (saw it coming as the officer was speeding in the left/oncoming lane and I knew my daughter was about to turn left - one of those slow motion horror moments).

2. Personal injury stuff. My daughters were seen in the ER and have standard high impact injuries and at last one of them will definitely have to miss work. 

• Rage+1 2

Well, glad no one was more seriously hurt, sounds like.

Virtually certain this is governed by the Texas Tort Claims Act, which is good and bad news.  The good news is there's not sovereign immunity.  The bad news is that liability is capped at a maximum amount of $250,000 for each person and $500,000 for each single occurrence for bodily injury or death and $100,000 for each single occurrence for injury to or destruction of property.

That may be acceptable, though.  

You will need to file a claim with the city/municipal agency involved, and you may be able to find a link to do so on the city/police website.

IAAL, IANPIL.  I did not stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

• Hook 'Em 1