Clear up potential home title issue

Backstory: Bought my house 20 years and refinanced my mortgage a couple of times.  All of the mortgages would sold to different banks over the years. with my last refinance, there was some snafu where one of the old mortgage companies didn’t clear the lien on my house even though they sold my mortgage. Or something like that. The refinance went through but I wasn’t certain how it was resolved.

I meant to check on this and resolve any issue. But I was lazy.  I live in Harris County. How do I do this?

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Backstory: Bought my house 20 years and refinanced my mortgage a couple of times.  All of the mortgages would sold to different banks over the years. with my last refinance, there was some snafu where one of the old mortgage companies didn’t clear the lien on my house even though they sold my mortgage. Or something like that. The refinance went through but I wasn’t certain how it was resolved.

I meant to check on this and resolve any issue. But I was lazy.  I live in Harris County. How do I do this?

Has been a fairly common issue I think with all the shuffling that goes on with a modern mortgage.  But I thought had been cleaned up quite a bit in the aftermath of 2008. You may get your money's worth out of a title policy.

Create an online account at the Harris County Clerk’s website, then do a search in the real property records section and type in your name in the Grantee box. All of your deed records will show up, including the releases. Print them out for free and keep them.

• Like 1