Comparative Analysis: Special Teams

sushihorn

3 hours ago, sushihorn said:

Washington is a team that reached the CFP mainly due to coaching and they stand out in the team aspects of Special Teams play, just as I would expect. 

Excellent write-up.  One thing I didn't see though is penalties.  Any insight into penalties on returns (like holds or blocks in the back)?  It is probably not as useful to look at the Texas penalties here with the fuckery from the B12 refs, but it would be useful to know Washington's averages.  I feel like they bit us in the ass quite a few times this year.

On 12/18/2023 at 2:05 PM, sushihorn said:

Washington is the 3rd most penalized team in FBS at 73.9 yards per game. Texas is average in penalties at 51.1 YPG. I’m surprised that a well coached team draws so many flags.

This could be a difference maker - not refs determining the game in a strict sense - but if stats hold true it could be a slight advantage. If any of it results in holding penalties against WA all the better. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bert is our secret weapon.  We know he's good from 54 outdoors in the wind.  In the dome, in completely controlled conditions, he might just be deadly from 60 yards.  Or even longer.  That gives Sark all kinds of options once he crosses that 50 yard line.   

His game day suit needs to be on point.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Bevo&Pevo said:

^^^This is Plan A.  Plan B is Bert.

Exactly.  No punts.  Score on every possession.  See them driven before us and hear the lamentation of their women.

• Hook 'Em 1