The Surly Meta Thread of Pollution and Environmental Degradation

I searched for a thread like this one and didn't find one, but this seems important enough to warrant its own thread.

It appears that Tyson food released 371 million pounds of pollutants from 41 plants in just five years and dumped 81 BILLION gallons of wastewater containing blood, bacteria and animal feces into streams, rivers, lakes and wetlands.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2024/apr/30/tyson-foods-toxic-pollutants-lakes-rivers

With this kind of constant chemical assault on our bodies, is it any wonder that Americans suffer from so much cancer and chronic diseases? 

I've decided to boycott Tyson's from now on. I always thought that they put profits over everything else (to include worker's health) and this is proof of that. 

• Rage+1 3

19 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

The market will take care of it

Don't forget "tort reform," and "let the regulated write all the regulations."  Those do a lotta heavy lifting, too....to ensure that bad actors face zero material consequences for their actions.  Those are really, really important factors.

• Hook 'Em 1