Daily contacts

Any of y'all use daily contacts?  My eyes are rebelling against regular contacts and my eye dr suggested trying dailies. Trying to figure out how much of a pain in the ass they are, and where to find them the cheapest - I got a quote for like $770 for a year supply from my regular eye dr, which seems like so much, but maybe that's just standard. That's for the Acuvue Oasys 1-day moist (I think).

I bought them at my eye doc actually. When traveling I usually wear one pair for 2 or 3 days instead of just one day. They still feel pretty "fresh" to me after 2 or 3 days but it is obnoxious taking a bunch of them if I go somewhere for more than a weekend.

3 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I'm not using dailies, but my Costco has mine for about 10 bucks a box cheaper than the online guys.  

Also, walmart now has their own "Equate" branded dailies.   25 bucks for 90 days.  Worth a try IMO

i should go get a trial pack before my 'scrip gets too old to buy a year.  that's way cheaper than even the costco brand ones. 

4 hours ago, TenaciousTgarden said:

Any of y'all use daily contacts?  My eyes are rebelling against regular contacts and my eye dr suggested trying dailies. Trying to figure out how much of a pain in the ass they are, and where to find them the cheapest - I got a quote for like $770 for a year supply from my regular eye dr, which seems like so much, but maybe that's just standard. That's for the Acuvue Oasys 1-day moist (I think).

Earlier this year, I made the switch from monthlies to Acuvue Moist dailies because they worked better for reading and distant vision, plus comfort increase.  Bought through my optometrist as a professional courtesy and because she worked with me to find the right combo of brand and prescription (tons of trial lenses, multiple visits).  ~$700-$200 mail-in rebate for 1 yr supply = $500 out of pocket; no vision insurance.  I won’t go back to monthlies and was surprised how liberating it was to not have to deal with storage cases and contact solution.

2 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Do you barbarians actually sleep in your contacts?

It’s funny you ask this.  With my monthlies, I’d almost always take them out early and then wear my glasses at home in the evening.  The new dailies are so effective and comfortable, I sometimes just forget to take them out at night, sleep in them, and just wear them again the next day.

I never sleep in them and have never had a problem before - started wearing them at age 10 and I’m 39 now. Not sure what happened, but over the last month one eye got swollen and uncomfortable, particularly felt bad with the contact in. Optometrist and then ophthalmologist both diagnoses GPC, which is basically a developed intolerance to contacts. I’ve been on steroid drops for 3 weeks with barely any improvement. And I hate wearing glasses and they give me a headache.  Hence this research- both drs said dailies are the best option (after not wearing contacts at all). Glad to hear people like them, makes it worth the investment. Going to get fit when I’m done with steroids. Trying to spend majority of my time in glasses right now, my personal hell.