The Decline of Paul Ryan

Hugo Stiglitz

He may have been, for me, one of the most disappointing politicians of my lifetime. He championed getting our government debt under control, like no other politician, and then promptly led one of the most fiscally irresponsible actions in history.

10 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

He may have been, for me, one of the most disappointing politicians of my lifetime. He championed getting our government debt under control, like no other politician, and then promptly led one of the most fiscally irresponsible actions in history.

He's a Republican.  You shouldn't have expected anything different.  They run on fiscal responsibility, gain power, blow up the budget by cutting taxes and increasing military spending, lose power, then blame Democrats and try to force cuts to social programs to pay for their irresponsible policies.  

15 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

His record while he was in Congress during the Bush administration should've tipped more people off to his scam. The same can also be said about literally every single other Republican.

The Republican plan for decades has been to force spending cuts to social security and Medicare by bankrupting the country while simultaneously enriching themselves and their donors. That’s it.

Nihilism at its finest.

They figured out a long time ago it was the only way to force those cuts. Since the programs are too popular to cut directly and it would never get past congress. 

They tried to do a back door by privatizing social security so when the market eventually crashed it would go bankrupt, but it didn’t work.

Every single thing they do should be focused through that lens. Not all of them are in on it mind you, but like good sheep (and well paid) they follow along. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

He's a Republican.  You shouldn't have expected anything different.  They run on fiscal responsibility, gain power, blow up the budget by cutting taxes and increasing military spending, lose power, then blame Democrats and try to force cuts to social programs to pay for their irresponsible policies.  

I mean, they barely even half ass it anymore. This is their "strategy." 

Ryan Republican: "We need to cut several trillion over the next few years to pay for the tax cuts. I mean, revenue will be so ludicrously high because of supply side magic, but just in case, let's cut Sesame Street, the National Endowment for the Arts, Planned Parenthood, and 500 government programs. Ok, what do we need now?"

Toady: "Still several trillion, sir."

Ryan Republican: "Well, we tried."

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Is this the retarded liberal version of “HC will never be president”?

HC never was president. However, Ryan did soak up a fat Congressional salary, all expenses paid, free healthcare, and now is going to shamelessly pile up that lobbying cash while you and I pay taxes that, in part, will go to him until the day he dies. He did all of this as a total make-believe "deficit hawk budget-balancing fiscal conservative." The very heart and identity of the man's soul was utter bullshit. And the thread is only 2 pages. Hillary's thread seemed to be a bit longer. Like maybe 4-5 pages?

Just now, XingTheRubicon said:

why the redundancy 

Not bad.