2018 Seattle Mariners Thread

MC Fresh Breath

Amputation likely. 

Cruz is dealing with a deep bone bruise in his right foot after being hit by a pitch in Tuesday's game against the Rangers and is expected to be out of the lineup for the next couple of days, Ryan Divish of The Seattle Times reports.

Spin: Fortunately for Cruz, X-rays conducted after Tuesday's contest came back negative, taking a longer-term absence off the table. After Cruz receives a little time off to heal up, the Mariners seem optimistic that he'll avoid the 10-day disabled list and rejoin the lineup at some point over the weekend for the team's four-game set with Detroit. Though Cruz will likely head to the bench for the series finale Wednesday with the Rangers, he could still be available in a pinch-hitting capacity.

Box score shows attendance of 13,259.  I think that counts the players, umps, ball girls, and managers.  Maybe the dogs, too, since it was 'bring your dog to the park' day.

Also, during the Rangers broadcast (which is how I got to watch it), they had an infographic about teams missing the playoffs in the 4 major sports.  The M's have the longest streak at 16 years.  From memory, I think the Cleveland Browns were at 15 years, Sac Kings at 9 years, and I don't give a shit about hockey.