New State Fair Foods

Longhorn Al

2018: https://bigtex.com/plan-your-visit/food/new-food/

Fried Cup of Corn “Elotes”

What happens when traditional elotes meets sweet southern corn in a flaky pastry?  You get a creamy texture of blended seasonings and Mexican cheeses with a unique State Fair twist that’s sure to please. We spoon our elotes corn blend into a flaky pastry and fry it to a golden perfection. To make the union complete, it is embellished with Mexican cheeses and served with a side of delectable creamy corn dip. The combination will leave you with a modern taste of an authentic Mexican dish.

Supra Stuffed Mini Sopapillas

Three mini sopapillas are injected with strawberry cream cheese filling. The dish is scrumptiously dusted with cinnamon and sugar and drizzled with honey for a sweet finish.

Bacon Brittle

Bacon brittle is a glorious splendor of southern classics incepted from a family recipe for brittle. Thick cut applewood smoked bacon is flavored with a hint of bourbon to create a smoky, sweet and salty flavor with a soft crunchy texture from the brittle!

Big Tex Award Finalists: https://bigtex.com/plan-your-visit/food/big-tex-choice-awards/

Arroz con Leche (Sweet Crispy Rice)

A cinnamon-spiced rice ball is formed, battered, and coated in crispy puffed rice cereal. The ball is then deep fried to golden perfection. Each rice ball is sprinkled with powdered vanilla and complimented with a Texas-sized scoop of vanilla ice cream. To serve, a  drizzle of caramel sauce and powdered cinnamon crowns each tasty treat.

Fernie’s Orange You Glad We Fried It?!

Layers of chiffon orange cake, whipped cream, and citrusy orange preserves are lightly blended to form a custard filling. The mixture is spooned into flaky puff pastry dough, folded turnover style, and sealed before being fried into little crescent-shaped pillows, dusted with powdered sugar. Served with two dipping sauces and garnished with a double citrus twist slice.

Texas Fried Hill Country

Fried mozzarella is complimented with locally-grown basil, sandwiched between two slices of juicy green tomatoes, and hand-breaded with seasoned breadcrumbs and flash fried to gooey perfection. Each dish is served on a bed of field greens, finished with balsamic drizzle and sweet local Texas honey.

1 hour ago, Longhorn Al said:

Did anyone try the funnel cake bacon queso burger last year?  Where exactly is it located?  I could tell from some Youtube videos that it's in the Midway, but I'm trying to narrow it down in case I want to try it.

I had it last year, there were 3 places selling it, I think.  The place I got it was in the main food court building.  Was fine, not great. Would eat for free, but won't be using valuable stomach space or coopins on a repeat.

1 hour ago, TXSooner518 said:

I had it last year, there were 3 places selling it, I think.  The place I got it was in the main food court building.  Was fine, not great. Would eat for free, but won't be using valuable stomach space or coopins on a repeat.

Good to know.  I'd maybe split one with my friend, but you're right about valuable stomach space.