Did Tochy’s change tortillas?

AustinMT

Last trip to Torchy’s was just 2 weeks ago (Anderson Mill location in Austin). Usual crappy tortillas.  Went by the Lakeway location tonight, where I’ve been many times.  Got home and opened the foil — to find a (seemingly) freshly=made, thick griddled flour tortilla on one taco, and a thick tasty corn tortilla on the other.

Have they finally decided to get rid of the cheap ass tortillas?

9 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Went this weekend and the tortillas sucked. How is it so hard to get a corn tortilla that doesn't fall apart?

That was the point of my post.  At the Lakeway store at least, it was a thick corn tortilla, not the usual one that falls apart, and a fresh flour tortilla, not one from a bag.

2 hours ago, midtown said:

Not sure why anyone would repeatedly go back to Torchy's voluntarily.   I went once about 3 years ago and have never wanted to go back.

Unfortunately, few choices on my side of town.  Choices for breakfast tacos are Rudy’s or Torchy’s.  Not really anything different for lunch or dinner either except full service places.