You drink. You drive. You spank. You go to jail.

Bert Orange

My wife and I spank (the kids, not each other) as needed.  The 6 yo boy rarely needs it but the 2 yo boy always does.  We tapered down the spanking of the 2 yo though since he started hitting himself when he gets in trouble.

But if he hits my wife or me he gets another spanking.

22 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

My mom got mad at me one time when she had one of her high heel shoes in her hand.  She smacked me with that shoe and the heel punctured my leg.  That was the last time she ever smacked me. 

And thus your love/hate relationship with females who prone to wear high heels?

We were spanked up until maybe 6 or so.

Then we were either punished by having things taken away, or having more work to do on the farm.  Those were always way worse punishments as you got older, but my brother and I were both terrified of getting spanked as little kids.  My brother was such a pussy about it that my dad quickly learned that all he needed to do was place one hand across my brother's bare ass, and then my dad would hit the back of his own hand and my brother would still cry. 

The last time my old man did anything physical was when he learned that we had been firing off a veritable arsenal while we were supposed to be clearing farmland of rocks.  I was 14, and we worked on a crew of about 10 other kids, most of whom were 18-19 (we were working on my family's farm).  They were the ones who brought the guns, and being as they were seniors while I was an incoming freshman, I figured it was better to stay on their good side.  So I didn't say anything about it, but the neighbor heard what must have sounded like a war zone, and called my old man.  When he found me and my brother, we were home doing hog chores.  He picked me up by the coverall and threw me at least 5 feet through the air into a pile of hog shit.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

I can tell you that one of the most terrifying things is when CPS knocks on your door, or sends you that letter that they are sending an investigator.
We received our letter after our oldest son went to a summer camp for a week. About a week after the camp, we get at letter that CPS has opened an investigation. Long story short, it took more than 2 months for the investigation. They came into the home and interviewed the family, then each of the children individually, and Mrs. Fairway & I individually. 
Turns out son #1, when a camp counselor was telling him about things that had happened to him as a kid, said yeah that happened to me too. And the counselor reported it.
We never did learn exactly what the counselor had said, and I will tell you that I was not a perfect parent (which was pretty coincidental as he was far from a perfect son) but they dropped the case.
My son was probably around 9-10 at the time, he was a challenge to parent right up until he reported for boot camp.
Btt with a number of run-ins with the police and school officials, this one meeting with CPS was the most terrifying, as they can take your kids from the home and the process is very difficult.

CPS and counselors can easily dupe an angelic child from a perfect home into falsely claiming that something happened if the child believes that it will make the inquisitive adults happy. Most of the time they are completely unaware of the consequences.

There are a lot of shitty people out there, and that includes people that are trying to do good.

Holy shit! I think I just went full on Captain Obvious.
  • Like 1